Cisco Remote Management Services Delivers Large-Scale Business Outcomes for Cisco IT
Out-tasking simplifies complex infrastructure and strengthens customer experience using Cisco Remote Management Services.
Download Case Study (PDF - 601 KB)
By moving the day-to-day tasks to Cisco Remote Management Services, we gained efficiencies that resulted in greater availability, while freeing our engineers to focus on strategic and higher business value projects.- John Manville, Senior Vice President, Cisco Global Infrastructure Services
Skilled Cisco IT staff were spending too much time on routine operations.
- Engineers were mired in routine operational activities rather than solving complex issues affecting the business
- Engineers were on call 24 hours a day for one week out of every six
- Job satisfaction and productivity were diminishing
Out-task network monitoring and management.
- Implemented Cisco Remote Management Services to help deliver more consistent performance and simplify the monitoring and management of a complex network and IT infrastructure
- Out-tasked activities included monitoring VPN connectivity and voice service for over 450 Cisco sites and more than 160 Cisco extranet sites worldwide
- Cisco Remote Management Services coordinates the resolution of carrier circuit issues.
IT engineers were freed from routine tasks, and availability and stability increased across the Cisco infrastructure.
- Number of incident tickets requiring engineer intervention has been reduced by 47%
- Use of automation has reduced the diagnosing of “in-call” network issues for TelePresence systems from 1-2 hours to 10-15 minutes while eliminating human error
- By identifying the source of complex or chronic problems, Cisco Remote Management Services helped ensure shorter recovery times