Strategy Service Yields Mobile Roadmap for Electronics Retailer
Best Buy enlists Cisco Services to validate mobile network, taking its "work anywhere" initiative to next level.
Download Case Study (PDF - 140 KB)
Thanks to the workshop discussions, the post-workshop recommendations, and the high-level architectural view of our network that Cisco Services provided, we're now talking about how this technology can help us scale our BYOD environment to accommodate a greater mix of employees, contractors, and even partners.- Michael McDonald, Senior Director, Network and Infrastructure Services, Best Buy
Meet the growing demand from employees to bring their own devices to work while managing capacity and security.
- Validate current BYOD (bring-your-own-device) environment and drive efforts to expand it
- Strengthen security of mobile network
- Create IT strategy for expanding Best Buy's mobility initiatives
Validate their current architecture and plan for future expansion.
- Engage Cisco Architecture Strategy Services
- Work with Cisco Services to develop BYOD roadmap
- Develop role-based access controls to improve network security
Gained competitive advantage while creating scalable architecture for the future and demonstrating the value of BYOD.
- Used independent audit to demonstrate strength, value of BYOD environment
- Road-mapped environment that can scale to accommodate Best Buy's growth
- Gained competitive edge with flexible workplace that encourages employee productivity