Gain IP NGN Architecture Expertise
Expand IP technology opportunities while increasing profitability.
We Are Retiring the IP NGN Specialization
As of March 10, 2015, you can no longer achieve or renew the IP NGN Specialization. It officially ends March 10, 2016. Read the details.More questions? Find answers in our SP Specializations Power Hour webcast replay and presentation.
With this specialization, you can increase profitability by offering customers a range of IP network products across the entire Cisco IP NGN platform, so they can bring new services to market faster, reduce transaction costs, and enhance the end-user experience.
- Realize bigger deals by bundling multiple IP technologies into carrier-grade network solutions
- Increase profits by migrating the installed base through Cisco trade-in programs and promotions
- Acquire advanced skills in designing, implementing, and supporting industry-leading carrier-class IP networks
- Add new streams of revenue by offering Cisco Professional Services
- Get recognized as an IP NGN Architecture Partner in the Partner Locator
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales.
Eligible Certification and Incentives
The Cisco Channel Partner Program is designed to strengthen your ability to capture market opportunities. Partners who invest in the IP NGN Architecture Specialization are eligible for the following certifications:
IP NGN Architecture Partners also can participate in Cisco channel incentive programs.
- Role-Sharing Guidelines (PDF - 59 KB)
- For country requirements, learn more about country groupings. Also, see the specialization requirements in a consolidated view.
Account Manager (AM)
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement.
One qualified individual may fill only the account manager role in up to two architecture specializations.
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Sales Expert #646-206 CSE Exam $80 60 min Requirement: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced IP NGN Architecture Account Manager or Cisco IP NGN Account Manager Representative Advanced IP NGN Architecture Sales (PANGNS, 650-752) Exam $65 60 min Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Cisco Sales Essentials (CSE) v6.0 E-learning $0 5 hrs Selling the IP NGN Architecture E-learning $0 4 hrs Cisco MATE Training for Account Managers v1.0 (Optional) E-Learning $0 2 hrs COLT Assessment: Cisco MATE for Account Managers v1.0 (Optional) E-Learning $0 1 hour Total: $145 14 hrs
Architecture Systems Engineer (ASE)
Presales engineer responsible for Cisco IP NGN architecture planning and design.
One qualified individual may fill only the architecture systems engineer role in up to two architecture specializations.
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCNA SP OR Exam $500 3 hrs CCIE SP Exam $1850 10 hrs Requirement: Advanced IP NGN Architecture Systems Engineer or Cisco IP NGN System Engineer Representative/td> Advanced IP NGN Architecture Systems Engineer (PANGNSE, 650-754) Exam $65 60 min Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Selling the IP NGN Architecture E-learning $0 4 hrs IP NGN Architecture Technology E-learning $0 6 hrs Total: $565-$1915 14-20hrs
Field Engineer (FE)
Post-sales engineer responsible for IP NGN architecture solution implementation and operation.
The individual fulfilling the IP NGN field engineer role cannot fulfill roles in other architecture specializations (Collaboration, Borderless Network, or Data Center). Role sharing in technology specializations has no impact on architecture specializations.
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCNP SP OR Exam $800 6 hrs CCIE SP Exam $1850 10 hrs Requirement: Format Cost (USD) Duration Advanced IP NGN Architecture Field Engineer or Cisco IP NGN Field Engineer Representative Advanced IP NGN Architecture Field Engineer (PANGNFE, 650-756) Exam $65 60 min Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration IP NGN Architecture Technology E-learning $0 6 hrs Total: $800-$1915 16-17 hrs
Learn about the Advanced IP NGN Architecture Specialization and NGN products.
Get the new Sell to Service Provider mobile application:
- Offers mobile access for Cisco Service Provider Technology Partners to product information, training, services, and tools
- Requires Cisco Advanced IP NGN Architecture Specialization, or Authorized Service Provider Video or Mobile Internet Technology ATP Partner designations
- Learn More (PDF - 3.4 MB)
Get New Special Pricing for IP NGN products:
Cisco MATE Training for Account Managers - now live!
The Cisco MATE software portfolio helps network teams bring visibility and accurate traffic modeling to their network infrastructure. This training will allow partners to generate new revenue opportunities for their SPs who sell the IP NGN portfolio.
To find out more, please click here.