Advance Your Expertise
Expand opportunities and increase profitability with this specialization.
Become a Unified Fabric Technology Specialized Partner
Prove your expertise in optimizing data center networks, storage, and application services.
The Cisco Unified Fabric Technology Specialization helps your company to:
- Develop sales, technical, and service capabilities for integrated networking and storage solutions
- Increase technical competency within the company
- Be recognized as a Cisco Specialized Partner in the Cisco Partner Locator
This specialization also entitles you to a range of additional benefits. You can:
- Participate in Cisco channel incentive programs
- Receive invitations to Cisco partner events
- Access the Partner Education Connection
- Use My Cisco to personalize web content and get information quickly
- Visit the Design Zone for tested designs and configurations
- Access the Proposal Library for proposal, cover letter, RFx, Q&A, and Executive Summary templates to accelerate sales
Role-Sharing Guidelines (PDF - 59 KB)
For country requirements, learn more about country groupings. Also, see the specialization requirements in a consolidated view.
Responsible for sales methodology and customer engagement
Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Unified Fabric Technology Account Manager Representative Selling Business Outcomes (#810-401) (get details) Exam $150 1 hour #646-985 DCNSS Exam Details Exam $200 1 hour Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Selling Business Outcomes E-Learning $0 6 hours Data Center Networking Solution Sales (DCNSS v3.0) E-Learning $0 6 hours Total: $350 14 hours
Presales engineers are responsible for unified fabric technology solution planning and design
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCDA associate-level certification
CCDP or any CCIE
Exam $250 2 hours Requirement(s): Data Center Unified Fabric Design Specialist #642-996 DCUFD v5 Exam Details
642-997 DCUFI v5 Exam Details
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD) v5.0 Instructor-Led v5 $3295 40 hours Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI) v5.0 Instructor-Led v5 $3295 40 hours Total: $7340 84.25 hours
Postsales engineers are responsible for Unified Fabric technology solution implementation and operation
Prerequisite: Format Cost (USD) Duration CCNA associate-level certification
CCNP or any CCIE
Exam $300 1.5 hours Requirement(s): Format Cost (USD) Duration Data Center Unified Fabric Support Specialist #642-997 DCUFI v5 Exam Details
#642-980 DCUFT Exam Details
Recommended Training: Format Cost (USD) Duration Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFI) v5.0 Instructor-Led v5 $3295 24 hours Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Fabric (DCUFT) v5.0 Instructor-Led v5 $3095 24 hours Total: $7190 51.5 hours
Your company must be a Cisco Registered Partner before you apply for specialization or certification. Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit the "Become a Registered Partner" page if you are new to the Cisco Channel Partner Program and have not registered.
- Verify that the certified individuals fulfilling job roles are allocated to your company with their CSCO testing number. Partner Administrators and internal Cisco employees (associated through the CAM Assignment tool) are able to verify this information using the Partner Self Service tool. (It takes five to ten business days on average for Cisco to receive the exam results data from its respective testing agencies.)
- Complete and submit the Specialization Application.
If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, please open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
To renew a specialization:
- Begin the recertification process 90 days before your anniversary date.
- Verify that you are in compliance with the current specialization requirements.
- Submit your application using the Certification and Specialization Application online web tool.
You must meet all requirements to submit your application. If you encounter any issues in the application or renewal process, open a case with the Customer Service Central (formerly Partner Relationship Team - PRT).
If you fail to submit a recertification application within 10 days after your anniversary date, you will lose your specialization.
Note: If a partner does not remain in compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the specialization or certification at any time. Partners must notify Cisco of its non-compliance promptly, but in no event more than thirty (30) days after partner first becomes aware of its non-compliance. Upon receipt of such notice, partner may qualify for an extension of time in which to renew its compliance with the applicable specialization or certification requirements. Partner's failure to provide such notice may disqualify partner from receiving such an extension. If no extension is granted or if partner fails to comply with the certification or specialization requirements by the end of the extension period, Cisco reserves the right to revoke the applicable specialization or certification immediately. Additional information regarding non-compliance may be found in the Audit and Policies Document