Cisco and Nokia, the leaders in IP and mobility, have come together to form an alliance that offers secure Mobile Unified Communication solutions to Enterprises and Small and Medium Businesses that want to mobilize their workforce. Combining the strengths of Nokia and Cisco creates a unique market position that accelerates the convergence of networks, services, and applications that enhance the human connection.
Enabling global communications without the barriers of technology, network, or device.
Cisco and Nokia, the leaders in IP and mobility, have come together to form an alliance that offers secure Mobile Unified Communication solutions to Enterprises and small and medium businesses that want to mobilize their workforce.
Combining the strengths of Nokia, NSN, and Cisco creates a unique market position that accelerates the convergence of networks, services, and applications that enhance the human connection.
About Nokia Corporation
Nokia is a world leader in mobile communications, driving the growth and sustainability of the broader mobility industry. Nokia connects people to each other and the information that matters to them with easy-to-use and innovative products like mobile phones, devices and solutions for imaging, games, media and businesses. Nokia provides equipment, solutions and services for network operators and corporations.
For further information about Nokia, please visit: www.nokia.com
Mobile Business Solutions from Cisco and Nokia
Address communications requirements of an increasingly mobile workforce through the convergence of cellular and business communication technologies in a secure, controlled, and cost-effective manner.
Nokia Intellisync Call Connect 1.2 for Cisco enables Nokia E-series dual-mode handsets to work on cellular Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and Cisco Unified Wireless Networks with access to the advanced features provided by Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
With Mobile Business Solutions from Cisco and Nokia, you can:
- Improve company communications and workflow through faster response times by utilizing the mobile phone as a mobile extension
- Maintain business communications continuity on an active call while moving from Cisco Unified Wireless Network to cellular coverage
- Use the mobile phone to access advanced features such as extension dialing, call pick-up, group pick-up, and conferencing
- Enhance in-building mobility experience with pervasive Cisco Unified Wireless Network coverage
- Lower total cost of ownership and reduce complexity through device consolidation
- Reduce mobile phone charges by using corporate IP network and communications investments for intelligent mobile routing
- At A Glance: Mobile Business Solutions from Cisco and Nokia
- Nokia Datasheet: Extending the Power of cost-effective Unified Communications to Nokia E-Series Smartphones (PDF - 116KB)
- Nokia Intellisync Call Connect Overview (PDF - 123KB)
- Nokia Intellisync Call Connect 1.1 Technical Data Sheet (PDF - 970KB)
Nokia Mobile VPN solution (mVPN)
Enabling users to access enterprise intranet services securely from mobile devices.
Nokia Mobile VPN Client for Symbian OS-based mobile devices and the Nokia Security Service Manager for secure over-the-air management.
Cisco VPN Gateways including Cisco 3000 Concentrators running software release 4.7 or higher, and Cisco ASA 5500 series gateways.
- Enterprises who want to extend mobile access to business applications
- Business owners who need scalable and secure mobile connectivity for mobile employees
- IT managers who need to extend VPN to mobile devices
Cisco Unified Wireless LAN CCX support on Nokia devices
To ensure the best possible user and IT experience with dual mode devices, Cisco has worked with Nokia to certify their devices with Cisco infrastructure.
Cisco Compatible Extensible (CCX) certified dual mode handsets operate on both cellular and Cisco Unified Wireless Networks. CCX certification ensures better data and voice application performance when used with a Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
Nokia CCX certified devices include:
- Nokia E61 and E61i
- Nokia E65
- Nokia E70
- Nokia 9500 Communicator
- Nokia 9300i
- Nokia E90 Communicator
Connected Home areas of Joint Collaboration
Connected Wireless Home + Remote Access
- Nokia Nseries/N810 + Linksys Networked Entertainment Products
- Nokia Nseries/N810 + Linksys Wireless Home Router Products
- Nokia Nseries/N810 + Linksys Network Access Storage Device (NAS)
Fixed Mobile Convergence
- Nokia Nseries/ Nokia Eseries Dualmode + Linksys UMA&SIP Routers