Gain Business-Critical Continuity
Emerson Network Power is one of several Emerson divisions focused on delivering innovative data center solutions.
Gain Business-Critical Continuity
Data Center Infrastructure for Efficiency Without Compromise
Together, Emerson and Cisco create reliable environments to facilitate and control mission-critical assets, including centralized data centers, distributed unified communications, and wireless process manufacturing.
Emerson Network Power delivers efficiency without compromise, helping Cisco solutions perform at their optimal level by:
- Providing highly secure enclosures
- Supporting reliable power
- Creating thermal compliance
- Harmoniously managing and allocating resource constraints
Emerson also collaborates with Cisco on the internal power supply design for most router and switch platforms. Emerson Process Management and Cisco offer wireless plant network solutions with the security and reliability required in the process environment.
Webcast - The Truth and Consequences of Data Center Downtime
Delivering Data Centers "Efficiency Without Compromise"
Innovation and efficiency are at the heart of the information technology industry. And a growing focus in every data center is energy efficiency to improve operations and reduce operation costs. Emerson Network Power understands the challenges of setting up the right infrastructure to support your business-critical data center operations and helps you respond to these issues and anticipate them by providing innovative solutions so you can concentrate on making your business grow.
Emerson delivers on the promise to provide data centers Efficiency Without Compromise™ by providing a path to optimize data center infrastructure around design, operating and management efficiencies through the utilization of cooling, power and monitoring technologies, supported by key local service-points honed by a global expertise.
- Efficiency Without Compromise (PDF - 926 KB)
- Four Trends Driving the Future (PDF - 591 KB)
- Addressing the Leading Root Causes of Downtime (PDF - 959 KB)
- Understanding the Cost of Data Center Downtime (PDF - 901 KB)
Webcast - Ten Monitoring Strategies
Promises, Challenges, and Imperatives of Data Center Infrastructure Management
IT and facilities organizations have invested heavily in technology resources--people, processes, and tools--to manage the data center infrastructure. However, they have not achieved its promise and potential, due to critical gaps between their data center facilities and IT infrastructure components.
A new perspective on managing critical infrastructure gaps is emerging that recognizes:
- The importance of real-time data to understand the true capacity of available infrastructure
- The critical interdependencies between logical and physical layers
- The need for holistic management capabilities and visibility of IT and facilities infrastructures
- The need for powerful management tools with a comprehensive, visual view of the infrastructure to guide design and manage change
This forward-looking perspective will be the guiding force behind new data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solutions from industry leaders such as Emerson Network Power.
- Data Center Infrastructure Management (PDF - 1.83 MB)
- Ten Steps to Increasing Data Center Efficiency (PDF - 874 KB)
- Five Technologies Simplifying Infrastructure Management (PDF - 157 KB)
Efficiency without Compromise
Achieve Data Center Efficiency Using Energy Logic
Demand for greater capacity and flexibility in today's data centers is increasing, as is the need for solutions with a lower cost of ownership.
In the past, associations, consultants, and vendors have promoted best practices for enhancing data center energy efficiency, from facility lighting to cooling system design. These have helped some companies slow the trend of rising energy consumption, but the many conflicting ideas have confused and frustrated many IT professionals.
Energy Logic, from Emerson Network Power, offers a holistic and vendor-neutral approach to achieving energy efficiency and reducing operating costs, without compromising availability or flexibility.
Comprising 10 simple actions, the Energy Logic approach provides best practices that start with IT equipment and progress to the facility's support infrastructure. This approach can reduce data center energy consumption by 50 percent, optimizing three critical obstacles faced by data center managers: power, cooling, and space.
Site and Blog
- Energy Logic: Calculating and Prioritizing Actions Energy Logic-Calculating and Prioritizing Your Data Center (PDF - 511 KB)
- Energy Logic: Reducing Data Center Energy Consumption (PDF - 693 KB)
- Energy Efficient Cooling Solutions (PDF - 911 KB)
- What Smart Grid Means to You (PDF - 1.54 MB)