Small office PBX telephone systems aren't what they used to be. In fact, they're much more.
Next-generation small office PBX telephone systems offer the features of a conventional PBX (Private Branch Exchange). A conventional PBX shares and manages multiple lines within a company and automatically routes incoming calls to specific extensions. It requires two networks, one for data and another for voice.
But today's small office PBX telephone systems are often part of an advanced unified communications solution. These small office PBX telephone systems run on Internet Protocol (IP) networks, the same network your company uses for data and Internet connectivity. Instead of requiring two networks, next-generation small office PBX telephone systems only need one—which simplifies network management and administration costs.
IP-based small office PBX telephone systems are highly programmable and can perform sophisticated functions, such as automatic call conferencing, click-to-call, and more.
The Benefits of Today's Small Office PBX Telephone Systems
The Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, designed specifically for small businesses, combines the features of an IP PBX with advanced messaging and collaboration tools. The benefits of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express include:
- Increased productivity with applications such as Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Office, a presence-based tool that provides call control, location, and status of other users
- Single number reach, which automatically forwards incoming calls to other phones based on your specifications
- An intuitive interface for easy installation and administration
- The ability to easily expand the phone system as business needs change
- A phone and communications solution in a single appliance that's low-cost, reliable, full-featured, and simple to deploy, administer, and maintain.
Get more information about Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
Find a Cisco partner who can help you determine the best communications solution for your business.