For two decades, E-rate funds have made technology more affordable for schools and libraries across the U.S. In that time, many have discovered how to make the most of the E-rate dollars available to them. We’ve taken their input, as well as recommendations from E-rate consulting firm Funds for Learning, and developed this list of best practices: our top tips for E-rate success.
1. The E-rate program is strong!
After years of decline, the number of applications has stabilized.
4. Create a tech vision for your school or library.
Engage your stakeholders, take a step back, and consider the
5. Assess needs and prioritize.
1. 88% of applicants say their Wi-Fi network is critical to fulfilling
2. 75% of applicants will need to upgrade their Wi-Fi within
8. Know the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC), and mind your deadlines.
44% agreed that it took less time to prepare and file applications
2. At least $8B will be available in funding year 2022. Calculate what you can receive.
Most schools and libraries are entitled to some support.
6. Plan + design your network to align with your vision, goals,
See where you are today and what’s needed to achieve your vision.
9. Identify matching and other funding sources.
68% of schools and libraries brought in outside consultants in 2021.
3. Assess resources, and decide who will manage your application.
66% of schools and libraries brought in outside consultants
7. Use a competitive bidding process.
1. 28 days of open bidding.
2. Cost is the highest-weighted factor.
10. Manage the process
Manage deadlines and document work to stay ahead of the game and keep E-rate funds flowing.
Source: Funds for Learning survey
Get started with E-rateLearn More