Release 19.2 introduces the MME "QoS Profile" feature for support of Quality of Service (QoS) profiles and Bearer Control profiles. The QoS profile can be defined for a given APN for EPS or 4G subscribers. One or more Bearer Control profiles can be associated to a QoS profile on the basis of a QoS class identifier (QCI) or a range of QCI. Together, these profiles allow PDN-level and bearer-level control of APN-AMBR and QoS parameters received from an HSS and/or a PGW.
- a list of bearers to be rejected based on QCI, and
- operator-provided values for capping AMBR (UL and DL).
- remapping matrix for QCI,
- operator-provided values for capping ARP PL/PCI/PVI, and
- operator-provided values for capping MBR and GBR (UL and DL).
For Release 19.2, this feature is released with a feature license that will not be enforced until Release 20.0.