Re-manufacturing a CDE
If your CDE250 and CDE280 has failed and is no longer booting up or functioning properly, you must perform a full re-manufacturing of the CDE. The general re-manufacturing process is as follows:
Before You Begin
You need the following to re-manufacture a CDE:
- Either a CDE250, or CDE280:
– CDE250 chassis (drives vary by CDE model, see Table 1-6 for a list of models and drives).
– CDE280 chassis (drives vary by CDE model, see Table 1-7 for a list of models and drives).
- External USB DVD-ROM drive or CD-ROM drive
Note The CDE280 Engine does not require the CF drive.
- Internal IDE Compact Flash (CF) drive (preinstalled)
- Terminal server connection with the following parameters:
– 9600 baud
– 8 bits
– No parity
Installing a CDE
To install a CDE, do the following:
Step 1 Ensure that the CDE is powered off.
Step 2 Attach the USB DVD-ROM drive to any available USB port at the rear of the CDE (see Figure 1-9).
Step 3 Attach a power cord and keyboard to the CDE, and attach a terminal server to the CDE serial port and ensure the serial communications are properly configured (see Figure 1-9).
Step 4 Insert the VQE installation image CD in the DVD-ROM drive.
The system boots from the image on the CD. This requires a terminal server to be connected to the serial port of the CDE. All communication is done through the serial port (see the “Before You Begin” section for terminal server settings).
Step 5 Power on the external USB DVD-ROM drive.
Step 6 To start the booting process, see
“ISO Clean Installation” section in the
Release Notes for Cisco CDA Visual Quality Experience Application, Release 3.11.