Creating CDN Host Files
This appendix describes the CDN Host File Registration feature.
A CDN Host Registration file is a text file used to specify custom IP / domain resolution. The host file contains:
- IP Address—Specify the IP address
- Domain Name—Specify valid Unique Domain name
Configuring multiple records in the DNS is difficult when some of the domain names are public and private. To avoid this, add a host file in CDSM.
CDN Host Registration file has the following main advantages:
- You need not configure the DNS server for each domain name.
- You need not reload the device for the changes to get effect.
- Supports both IPv4 and IPv6 address.
Note Both IP address and domain should be in same line separated by space.
The filename.txt file contains the text schema. To view the sample CDN file, see the “CDN Host File Example” section.
Configuring CDN Host File
To Configure a CDN Host file, perform the following steps:
1. Create a CDN Host text file.
2. Register a CDN Host text file with the CDSM by uploading or importing the file.
For more information on registering a CDN Host file, see the “CDN Host File Registration” section.
CDN Host File Example
Following are the examples of the CDN Host Text file: