EMC Unity - Create Storage Pool
- Create a storage pool on an EMC Unity array.
This task creates a storage pool on an EMC Unity storage array.
You can specify only one disk group while creating the storage pool.
If you want to add disks from another disk group, use the Expand Storage Pool task.
Once the disks are added, they cannot be removed from the pool.
The selected disk group should have enough spare disks to successfully
create a storage pool.
RAID stripe width is optional. If no value selected, Best Fit is the default value.
Disk Counts 2, 3, 6, 8, 10, and 12 are supported for RAID 1/0 type.
Disk Counts 5, 9, and 13 are supported for RAID 5.
Disk Counts 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16 are supported for RAID 6.
The Alert Threshold value must be between 50 and 84.
- EMC Unity Account Name: podName@AccountName. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid
- Name: Valid Storage Pool Name - The following special characters are not allowed: " % & ' * + . / \ : ; < = > ? ^ @ | ,
- Description: A valid Description
- EMC Unity Disk Group: podName@accountName@tierType@tierId@diskGroupName@diskGroupId. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid@Extreme Performance@10@800 GB SAS Flash 2@dg_4
- EMC Unity RAID Type: RAID 5, RAID 1/0, or RAID 6
- RAID Stripe Width Type: Choices for RAID group stripe widths, including parity or mirror disks
- Number of Disks: The number of disks to be added to the new Storage pool
- Alert Threshold: Between 50 and 84
Input Description Mappable To Type Mandatory EMC Unity Account Name Select EMC Unity Account Name EMCUnityAccountIdentity Y Name Enter a unique name for Pool. The following special characters are not allowed ", %, &, ', *, +, ., /, \, :, ;, <, =, >, ?, ^, @, | and ," gen_text_input Description Enter description gen_text_input EMC Unity Disk Group Select Disk Group to be used for Pool EMCUnityDiskGroupIdentity Y RAID Type Select RAID type EMCUnityRaidType Y RAID Stripe Width Select RAID Stripe type EMCUnityRaidStripeWidth Number of Disks Number of Disks to be added in Pool gen_text_input Y Alert Threshold Threshold at which System generates notifications about the size of free space in the pool. Alert Threshold value should be in between 50 and 84 gen_text_input
Output Description Type OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_ACCOUNT_IDENTITY EMC Unity Account Identity. EMCUnityAccountIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_DISK_GROUP_IDENTITY EMC Unity Disk Group Identity. EMCUnityDiskGroupIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_STORAGE_POOL_NAME EMC Unity Storage Pool Name gen_text_input OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_RAID EMC Unity RAID Type EMCUnityRaidType OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_RAID_STRIPE_WIDTH EMC Unity RAID Stripe Width EMCUnityRaidStripeWidth OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_STORAGE_POOL_IDENTITY EMC Unity Storage Pool Identity EMCUnityStoragePoolIdentity