EMC Unity - Create File System
- Create a new file system on an EMC Unity array.
This task creates or adds a new file system on an EMC Unity storage array.
Minimum file system capacity is 3 GB.
Before a file system is created, at least one NAS server must exist on the storage system.
Optionally, Snapshot Schedule can be selected with the Pause Snapshot creation option.
If Snapshot Schedule is selected and Pause Snapshot creation is not checked, the
EMC Unity system creates snapshots on the file system at the frequency
configured on the snapshot schedule.
- EMC Unity Account Name: podName@AccountName. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid.
- EMC Unity NAS Server: podName@accountName@spName@spid@storagePoolName@storagePoolid@nasServerName@nasServerID. For example: Default Pod@EmcUnity@SP A@spa@Pool0@Pool_7@TestNAS@nas_4.
- Protocol: Configure the protocols the file system supports.
- Name: A valid name. The following 19 special characters are not allowed in the file system name: " % & ' * + . / \ : ; < = > ? ^ @ | ,
- Description: A description of the file system.
- Storage Pool: PodName@accountName@storagePoolName@storagePoolId. For example: Vblock@Unity_Hybrid@Pool1@pool_7.
- Size: Size of the File System. Minimum file system capacity is 3 GB.
- Capacity Units: The unit for the size of the file system: GB, MB, or TB.
- Thin: Check to enable thin provisioning for file system.
- Snapshot Schedule: Select the schedule to associate to the file system. The snapshot schedule contains schedule settings for the file system.
- Snapshot Schedule Paused: Check to indicate that the snapshot schedule is paused.
Input Description Mappable To Type Mandatory EMC Unity Account Select EMC Unity account to add host EMCUnityAccountIdentity Y Protocol Configure the Protocols the File System Supports EMCUnityFileSystemProtocolType Y NAS Server NAS server that provides network connectivity to the share from the hosts EMCUnityNasServerIdentity Y Name Name of the File System. The following special characters are not allowed ", %, &, ', *, +, ., /, \, :, ;, <, =, >, ?, ^, @, | and ," gen_text_input Description Description of the File System gen_text_input Pool Select the storage pool where you want to create the file System EMCUnityStoragePoolIdentity Y Size Size of the File System gen_text_input Y Capacity Units Enter Capacity Units EMCUnitySizeUnit Y Thin Indicates whether to enable thin provisioning for file system Boolean Snapshot Schedule Snapshot schedule settings for the file system EMCUnitySnapshotScheduleIdentity Snapshot Schedule Paused Indicates whether the Snapshot Schedule is paused or not. Boolean Sync Write Enabled Indicates whether the Synchronous writes option is enabled on the file system Boolean Opslocks Enabled Indicates whether opportunistic file locking is enabled on the file system Boolean Notify On Write Enabled Indicates whether notifications on files writes is enabled on the file system Boolean Notify On Access Enabled Indicates whether notifications on files access is enabled on the file system Boolean Access Policy Indicates whether notifications on files access is enabled on the file system EMCUnityFileSystemAccessPolicyType
Output Description Type OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_FILE_SYSTEM_IDENTITY EMC Unity File System Identity. EMCUnityFileSystemIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_STORAGE_POOL_IDENTITY EMC Unity Storage Pool Identity EMCUnityStoragePoolIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_ACCOUNT_IDENTITY EMC Unity Account Identity. EMCUnityAccountIdentity OUTPUT_EMC_UNITY_FILE_SYSTEM_SIZE EMC Unity File System Size. gen_text_input