About MAC Addresses
The Media Access Control (MAC) address is a unique value that is associated with a network device. Layer 2 ports correlate the MAC address on a packet with the Layer 2 port information for that packet using the MAC address table. A MAC address table is built using the MAC source addresses of the frames received.
In Cisco UCS Director, MAC configuration is supported on the following Cisco network devices:
- Cisco Nexus 1000 Series switches
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series switches
- Cisco Nexus 5000, 5500, and 5672 Series switches
- Cisco Nexus 6000 Series switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switches
- Cisco Nexus 9300 and 9500 Series switches
For more detailed information about MAC addresses and configuration guidelines for MAC addresses, see the Cisco NX-OS Software Configuration Guides.