1. Log in to the active VSM.
2. Log in to Cisco.com to access the links provided in this document. To log in to Cisco.com, go to the URL http://www.cisco.com/ and click Log In at the top of the page. Enter your Cisco username and password.
3. Access the Software Download Center by using this URL:
4. Navigate to the download site for your system.
5. Choose and download the Cisco Nexus 1000V zip file and extract the kickstart and system software files to a server.
6. Ensure that the required space is available for the image file(s) to be copied.
7. Verify that there is space available on the standby VSM.
8. Delete any unnecessary files to make space available if you need more space on the standby VSM.
9. If you plan to install the images from the bootflash:, copy the Cisco Nexus 1000V kickstart and system images or the ISO image to the active VSM by using a transfer protocol. You can use ftp:, tftp:, scp:, or sftp:. The examples in this procedure use scp:.
10. Check on the impact of the ISSU upgrade for the kickstart and system images or the ISO image.
11. Read the release notes for the related image file. See the Cisco Nexus 1000V Release Notes.
12. Determine if the Virtual Security Gateway (VSG) is configured in the deployment:
13. Save the running configuration to the startup configuration.
14. Save the running configuration on the bootflash and externally.
15. Perform the upgrade on the active VSM using the ISO or kickstart and system images.
16. Continue with the installation by pressing Y.
17. After the installation operation completes, log in and verify that the switch is running the required software version.
18. Copy the running configuration to the startup configuration to adjust the startup-cgf size.
19. Display the log of the last installation.