New and Changed Information
New and Changed Information
As of Cisco DCNM Release 5.2, Cisco Fabric Manager and Cisco Data Center Network Manager for LAN are merged into one unified product called Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) that can manage both LAN and SAN environments. As a part of this product merger, the name Cisco DCNM for SAN replaces the name Cisco Fabric Manager.
The following documentation changes support the merged Cisco DCNM product:
- Cisco DCNM product documentation for Cisco DCNM Release 5.2 is retitled with the name Cisco DCNM for LAN.
- Cisco Fabric Manager product documentation for Cisco DCNM Release 5.2 is retitled with the name Cisco DCNM for SAN.
- Cisco DCNM for SAN product documentation is now published to the Data Center Network Manager listing page on Cisco.com: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9369/tsd_products_support_configure.html
This URL is also the listing page for Cisco DCNM for LAN product documentation.
- Cisco Fabric Manager documentation for software releases earlier than Cisco DCNM Release 5.2, retains the name Cisco Fabric Manager and remains available at its current Cisco.com listing page:
You should continue to use the Cisco Fabric Manager documentation if you are using a release of Cisco Fabric Manager software that is earlier than Cisco DCNM Release 5.2.
- The name DCNM-SAN is used in place of Cisco DCNM for SAN in the user interface of Cisco Data Center Network Manager; likewise, the name DCNM-LAN is used in place of Cisco DCNM for LAN in the user interface. To match the user interface, the product documentation also uses the names DCNM-SAN and DCNM-LAN.
- The following new publications support both Cisco DCNM for LAN and DCNM for SAN, and address the new licensing model, the new installation process, and the new features of Cisco DCNM:
– Cisco DCNM Installation and Licensing Guide
– Cisco DCNM Release Notes
For a complete list of Cisco DCNM documentation, see the “Related Documentation” section in the Preface.
As of Cisco MDS NX-OS Release 4.2(1), software configuration information is available in new feature-specific configuration guides for the following information:
- System management
- Quality of service
- IP services
- High availability and redundancy
The information in these new guides previously existed in the Cisco MDS 9000 Family CLI Configuration Guide and in the Cisco MDS 9000 Family Fabric Manager Configuration Guide. Those configuration guides remain available on Cisco.com and should be used for all software releases prior to MDS NX-OS Release 4.2(1). Each guide addresses the features introduced in or available in a particular release. Select and view the configuration guide that pertains to the software installed in your switch.
Some information from the Cisco MDS 9000 Family CLI Configuration Guide and the Cisco MDS 9000 Family Fabric Manager Configuration Guide now appears in the following guides that are common among products that run the Nexus operating system:
- Cisco NX-OS Family Licensing Guide – Explains the licensing model and describes the feature licenses.
- Cisco NX-OS Fundamentals Configuration Guide – Describes the switch setup utility and includes general CLI, file system, and configuration information.
For a complete list of document titles, see the list of Related Documentation in the “Preface.”
To find additional information about Cisco MDS NX-OS Release 4.2(x), see the Cisco MDS 9000 Family Release Notes available at the following Cisco Systems website:
About this Guide
The information in the new High Availability and Redundancy Configuration Guide, Cisco DCNM for SAN previously existed in Part 2: Installation and Switch Management of the Cisco MDS 9000 Family Fabric Manager Configuration Guide.
There are no new or changed DCNM for SAN features for high availability and redundancy in MDS NX-OS Release 5.2(1).