Site Planning and Maintenance Records
This appendix provides a Site Planning list and includes the following records to use when installing the Cisco MDS 9700 Series.
Note For information on how to query the switch for configuration information, see Cisco MDS 9000 Family NX-OS Fundamentals Configuration Guide or the Cisco Fundamentals Configuration Guide for DCNM SAN.
Contacting Customer Service
If you are unable to solve a startup problem after using the troubleshooting suggestions in this appendix, contact your customer service representative for assistance and further instructions. Before you call, have the following information ready to help your service provider assist you as quickly as possible:
- Date you received the switch.
- Chassis serial number. See the “Finding the Chassis Serial Number”.
- Type of software and release number.
- Maintenance agreement or warranty information.
- Brief description of the problem.
- Brief explanation of the steps you have already taken to isolate and resolve the problem.
Note If you purchased Cisco support through a Cisco reseller, contact the reseller directly. If you purchased support directly from Cisco, contact Cisco Technical Support at this URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_worldwide_contacts.html
Finding the Chassis Serial Number
You can find the chassis serial number label of the Cisco MDS 9700 Series on the chassis.
If you have CLI access, enter the show sprom backplane 1 command to display the backplane contents, including the switch serial number.