Admin View Access and User Interface
This chapter explains how to access the Cisco Patient Connect Admin View application. It also provides an overview of the user interface.
Topics in this chapter include:
– Content Management
– Patient TV
Log into the Application
Note Google Chrome is the only supported browser for this application but it may run on other browsers.
Follow these steps to log into Admin View:
Step 1 Open the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 Enter https://[CPC_server]/adminui/ in the URL field and press the Enter key. For example, http://172.21.133.218/adminui/.
Note Contact your Cisco Patient Connect installer for the IP address or host name of the server.
Step 3 On the Cisco Admin View login screen, enter your credentials. The default credentials are:
– Username = admin1
– Password = admin1
Step 4 Click the Log in button.
You can logout of the application by clicking the star icon on the top right of the screen and then selecting Logout.
Admin View contains two sections: Content Management and Patient TV.
Use the Content Management menu to access the following pages of Admin View:
- Channel Guides: Use this page to set up and manage television channels that will be displayed on Patient View.
- Locations: Use this page to enter the locations and serial numbers of Cisco Interactive Experience Client (IEC) devices.
- Pathways: Use this page to configure work flows for patient feedback, surveys, videos, notifications, reminders, and escalations of events such as admission, discharge, diagnosis, goal of the day, etc.
- Speed Dial: Use this page to program hospital phone numbers that patients can call using Patient View.
- Surveys: Use this page to build surveys for patients.
- Video: Use this page to import video metadata and links in order to map videos that are stored on media servers and content management systems to Cisco Patient Connect for streaming to Patient View.
- Localization Import/Export: Use this page to import translations of the FAQs, Requests, Messages, and Surveys into Admin View.
- Cache Refresh: Use this utility to refresh caches if Patient View hangs, the latest data is not pulling from other systems, configuration changes have been made but they are not reflected on Patient View, or code has been updated.
The Patient TV menu contains the following links:
- Patient FAQs: Use this page to create a list of Frequently Asked Questions for patients about the healthcare facility.
- Patient Messages: Use this page to create messages that patients can send to the care staff about their care. When a patient chooses a message, it is sent to the Care Team View application for the care staff to answer.
- Patient Requests: Use this page to create a list of items and services from which patients can choose. The requests are sent to the appropriate group within the healthcare facility and the request is escalated if not completed within a time period determined by the administrator. Patients can be required to provide feedback on their experience after the request has been completed.
- Customize TV Application: Use this page to turn the Patient View features on or off in each type of room such as patient room, waiting room, and guest room.
The buttons near the top of the screen can be clicked to do the following:
- Hide the left menu pane and expand the center pane
- Display the left menu pane
- Refresh a screen
- Return to the Home page