Requests are sent to the Firepower Management Center as HTTPS requests with the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) of the form described below:
is the IP address or Fully Qualified Domain Name of the Firepower Management Center
is the port number used by the Firepower Management Center for HTTPS connections. This port is always 443.
is the specific URL for the desired resource. These URLs are unique for each resource and are given below.
are the options given with the request. Options can be used to modify the output and filter results.
Many URLs contain one or more UUIDs which must be specified. Most URIs include the domain UUID, which can be found in the Authentication Token. When deleting or modifying an object, or requesting information about a specific object, the URI will end with the object UUID.
Available request methods are:
– Retrieves data from the specified object. GET is a read-only operation.
– Adds the supplied information to the specified object; returns a 404 Resource Not Found error if the object does not exist.
Currently PUT may be used to create a new object, but this ability may be removed in later releases. Use POST to create new objects and PUT to modify existing objects.
– Creates the object with the supplied information. POST operations should be followed with a payload consisting of the JSON object to be created, enclosed in braces:
The maximum number of rules you can use depends on memory of the device. There is no set limit, because complex rules use more memory. For rule performance and optimization guidelines, see the Firepower Management Center Configuration Guide.
– Deletes the specified object.
– Not supported.
The API supports query parameters for almost all requests. For GET requests, the following query parameters can be used to control the number of of returned objects and the pagination:
- This is a True/False value which indicates whether you get a full listing of an item in a list or only a reference. Some fields will only show if this flag is set to true.
- Indicates the position in the list where you want to start.
- Indicates the number of items you want to retrieve in a page.
The API supports filtering on the basis of query parameters passed with a request. Filtering can be done based on specific attributes in a model. The parameters available for filtering vary by object, and are listed with the request below.