Restrictions for AAL5 L3 Termination
- Main interface cannot be configured as layer 3 Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) interface. Therefore you cannot create layer 3 Permanent Virtual Circuits (PVC) under main interface.
- Point-to-multipoint sub-interface is not supported.
- Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) is not supported on ATM L3 Interface.
- Operations, administration, and maintenance (OAM) is not supported on ATM L3 interface.
- You cannot swap from layer 2 transport ATM to layer 3 ATM interface without deleting ATM sub-interface.
- ATM layer 3 Permanent Virtual Path (PVP) is not supported.
- Inverse Multiplexing for ATM is not supported.
- ATM adaptation layer 5 Subnetwork Access Protocol SNAP (AAL5SNAP) protocol is supported. AAL0 is not supported.
- ATM L3 QoS is not supported.
- One port of an interface
module (IM) supports only one interface configuration. For example, one OC-3
port can support one of the following configurations and not a combination of
- CEM (CESoP or SAToP)
Half-duplex VRF is not supported on this router.