This chapter explains how to install the Device Manager software and contains the following topics:
This guide is intended for Field Technicians who have basic experience operating a computer laptop.
The Device Manager has the following system requirements for the laptop:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- 2 GHz or faster processor recommended
- 1 GB RAM minimum (for potential large log file processing)
- WiFi or Ethernet interface
- 4 GB disk storage space
- Windows login enabled
- Utility-signed Certificate Authority (CA) and Client Certificate for router authentication (obtained from your IT department)
- Customer-specific IT security hardening to keep the Device Manager laptop secure
The Device Manager has the following system requirements for the CGR 1000:
- Minimum CGR version is 154-2.12.CG023
CG-DM may not work properly with older IOS versions.
Device Manager Installation
To install the Device Manager:
Step 1 Double-click the Device Manager installer executable to start installation.
Step 2 Click Next .
Step 3 Select the check box to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next .
Step 4 Select an installation directory by clicking the folder icon and browsing to a directory, or click Next to accept the default directory.
Step 5 Click Next to begin the installation.
Step 6 Click Finish to exit the Setup Wizard and launch the Device Manager.
Device Manager Removal
To remove the Device Manager application, click Start > All Programs > Cisco Connected Grid Device Manager > Uninstall Cisco Connected Grid Device Manager , or use Uninstall or change a program from Control Panel > Programs and Features .