Network Management Solutions
This chapter provides details and links to the various methods of managing the IR807.
Network Management Solutions (NMS) that are available for the IR807 consist of the following:
Cisco Configuration Professional Express
The Cisco Configuration Professional Express is an embedded, device-management tool that provides the ability to bootstrap and provision an Integrated Services Router (ISR) running IOS software 15.7(3)M0a and above. This is feature rich release with support for GPS, Gyroscope configuration, CPU Utilization Graph in Dashboard, Access CCP Express using a friendly URL, Allow users to secure console when creating new user in Wizard, SNMP Configuration, ACL Management IPv6, Policy Warning for VPN, VPN Tunnel Info listing and flow change, FQDN for DMVPN Spoke, DDNS Configuration, MTU + MSS options, Save Configuration Option, Preferences option for enable/disable of write memory, VPN combination configuration (Remote Access along with IP Sec and DMVPN Hub) as applicable to ISR and IR devices.
Note : The IR807 is supported with CCP Express version 3.5 and above.
Release Notes for CCP Express 3.5 are found at:
Cisco IoT Field Network Director
Note : The IR807 will be supported with IOT Field Network Director 4.1 targeted for release in late 2017.
It offers a single platform to manage a complete FAN solution, Raw Socket sessions management and monitoring.
Some of the key features are:
- Geographic Information System (GIS) map -based, visualization, monitoring, troubleshooting, and alarm notifications
- Group-based configuration management for FAN and industrial routers
- Rule-engine infrastructure for customizable threshold-based alarm processing and event generation
- Secure network infrastructure (inventory, rollback configuration, work order) of IR807
- Zero Touch Provisioning - Automatically provision IR807 and head-end routers with configuration
- Collect metrics and events from FAN Routers, Industrial Routers, Head-end routers, and CG-mesh endpoints, and store them in a database. Cellular metrics and statistics for cost optimization.
- Network status monitoring and diagnosis for issues. Location tracking (historical and geo-fence)
- Update firmware on groups of IR807
- North-bound integration API for transparent integration with utility head-end and operational systems, for example Outage Reporting System.
- Raw Socket management and monitoring
Detailed information about the IoT Field Network Director is found at the home page:
Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Cisco Prime Infrastructure provides a single platform to manage an infrastructure with a broad range of static Cisco devices. It is available on the IR807 with Cisco Prime Infrastructure Version 3.2 Device Pack 1 with the Inventory support & subsequent releases for the complete support. For detailed information on the Cisco Prime Infrastructure, refer to the following:
Note : Only Inventory and Configuration Archive are Supported for the IR829.
OID and Inventory
Note : Each of the different IR807 SKUs will show a different OID and modem
To find out information about your model, use the show inventory oid command:
IR807# show inventory oid NAME: "IR807G-LTE-GA-K9", DESCR: "IR807G-LTE-GA-K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FCW2132002E, Hw Revision: 0.2" PID: IR807G-LTE-GA-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FCW2132002E OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.1993 NAME: "IR807 Motherboard on Slot 0", DESCR: "IR807 Motherboard" PID: IR807G-LTE-GA-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FOC21281GGQ OID: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.336 NAME: "Modem 0 on Cellular0", DESCR: "Sierra Wireless WP7502 4G-GA" PID: WP7502 , VID: 1.0, SN: 354938080100772 OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.88
IR807#sh inventory oid NAME: "IR807G-LTE-NA-K9", DESCR: "IR807G-LTE-NA-K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FCW2132004P, Hw Revision: 0.2" PID: IR807G-LTE-NA-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FCW2132004P OID: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.113 NAME: "IR807 Motherboard on Slot 0", DESCR: "IR807 Motherboard" PID: IR807G-LTE-NA-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FOC21281GG9 OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.336 NAME: "Modem 0 on Cellular0", DESCR: "Sierra Wireless WP7504 4G-NA" PID: WP7504 , VID: 1.0, SN: 354937080100642 OID: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.88
IR807#sh inventory OID NAME: "IR807G-LTE-VZ-K9", DESCR: "IR807G-LTE-VZ-K9 chassis, Hw Serial#: FCW2132006N, Hw Revision: 0.2" PID: IR807G-LTE-VZ-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FCW2132006N OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.1993 NAME: "IR807 Motherboard on Slot 0", DESCR: "IR807 Motherboard" PID: IR807G-LTE-VZ-K9 , VID: V00, SN: FOC21281GE9 OID: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.336 NAME: "Modem 0 on Cellular0", DESCR: "Sierra Wireless WP7601 4G-VZ" PID: WP7601 , VID: 10000, SN: 355731080001168 OID: 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.88