Step 1 Install the license or licenses. WAE Design, WAE Collector, and the web applications combined require one license. The WAE Core modules require that same license and an additional one. For information, see the License Installation chapter.
Step 2 If you are administering floating licenses to WAE Design users, configure the FlexNet Publisher license server. For information, see the WAE Design Floating License Server chapter.
Step 3 If using WAE Live, either start, upgrade, or install the WAE Live mld server. When starting or upgrading the mld server, you must use the same username as when you installed it. For more information, see the WAE Live Configuration Guide.
Note If you chose to migrate the Collector server files during the installation process, then verify those files have been copied before stopping the web server. (See the Collector Server Upgrades chapter.)
a. If upgrading mld, stop it now.
service wae-mld stop
b. Stop all services, including the web server. For information on services, see the WAE System Administration Guide. The format for stopping services is as follows.
service <service_name> stop
service wae-web-server stop
c. Install, start, or upgrade WAE Live mld server. Note that installing and upgrading the mld server also starts it.
– Start an existing mld server:
service wae-mld start
– Upgrade an existing mld server and start it:
mld -action upgrade
– Install and start mld server:
mld -action install -size [DSML]
d. Start or restart the web server and another services that are needed.
service <service_name> start
service wae-web-server start
Step 4 The
wae-ni, and System (
services are automatically started. Others may have been started, depending on how you responded when prompted during the installation process. If needed, start other services now. For information, see the WAE System Administration Guide.
Step 5 The licensed features you have determines what needs to be configured. See the Configurations section for a list of these and pointers where to go for information.
The features that are in the licenses govern which of the following configurations are required after having installed the product.
Note For WAE Design, no further configurations are required.
- Configure system-wide parameters for clients using the local web UI—Navigate to the System->User Management page to change your credentials and set up users. See the Log in to Web UI section and the WAE System Administration Guide for more information.
– Configure users and their roles.
– If applicable, configure access to an LDAP server and mappings between LDAP groups and WAE roles.
– Configure access to the SMTP server used for emailing WAE Live reports.
Best Practice: Share the login and credential information with users so they know how to access the web UI.
- Configure the WAE platform—For information, see the WAE Platform Configuration Guide.
– Configure WAE Collector to collect network data and traffic. You can configure collection using either the WAE Collector UI or using snapshot configuration files.
– Configure other WAE platform modules, including the Deployer Module.
– Configure WAE Network Interface (NI) server and WAE REST API passwords.
- Configure WAE Live—For information, see the WAE Live Configuration Guide.
– Install and configure the datastore—Applicable if using WAE Live Explore and Analytics components.
– Configure WAE Live to collect the data from WAE Collector—Applicable if using both WAE Live and WAE Collector.
– Customize WAE Live application for its users
- Customize the WAE Design Archive application for its users—For information, see the WAE Design Archive User and Administration Guide.
- Enhance network visualization—Lay out the network topology for the plan file template used in the WAE Live and WAE Design Archive applications. For information, see the WAE Network Visualization Guide.
Log in to Web UI
Step 1 Ensure all appropriate servers are running and start them if necessary. The
wae-web-server (web server),
wae-ni (WAE NI server), and all System services (
wae-svcs-*) are automatically started by the installer. For detailed information on services, including how to start, stop, restart, and check their status, see the WAE System Administration Guide.
Step 2 Open the web home page in a browser.
Step 3 Log in to the web server.
Default administrative credentials
Default user credentials
Step 4 Navigate to the desired function in the left navigation pane: WAE Collector UI, any web application, System UI, Statistics UI.