The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
The Cisco IOS XR Upgrade and Downgrade guides are now available in the Software Download pages.
Here are step-by-step instructions to access the guide.
1. Access the Cisco Software Download page: https://software.cisco.com/download/home.
2. Select a Product from the drop-down list. This field supports wildcard character searching.
3. Select the Product variantà Select IOS XR Software.
4. Select the release you are interested in, and from the list of tar files, locate the *docs*.tar file.
Note: In future releases, we hope to make the filename more intuitive.
5. Click the download button ().
6. Enter your Cisco Login.
7. Extract the *docs*.tar file to view the Cisco IOS XR Upgrade and Downgrade Guide.