This section describes how to use Homepage, which is a launching point for quick access to selected areas within Cisco Application Networking Manager (ANM).
This chapter includes the following sections:
Information About Homepage
Homepage allows you to have quick access to the following operations and guided setup tasks in ANM:
- Operational tasks that you can access:
– The Real Servers table to view information for each configured real server, activate or suspend real servers listed in the table, or modify server weight and connection limits.
– The Virtual Servers table to view information for each configured virtual server and to activate or suspend virtual servers listed in the table.
– The Cisco Global Site Selector (GSS) Answer table to manage GSS VIP answers (resources that respond to content queries) by specifying virtual IP (VIP) addresses associated with a server load balancer (SLB) such as the Cisco Content Services Switch (CSS), Cisco Content Switching Module (CSM), Cisco IOS-compliant SLB, LocalDirector, or a web server.
– The DNS Rules table to specify actions in the DNS rules table for the GSS to take when it receives a request from a known source (a member of a source address list) for a known hosted domain (a member of a domain list).
- Monitoring—Connect to the central Device Dashboard where you can quickly view device and virtual context monitoring results and track potential issues; view detailed context-level resource usage information; and monitor load balancing statistics for virtual servers.
- Guided setup tasks that you can launch:
– The Import Devices guided setup task to establish communication between ANM and hardware devices.
– The Cisco Application Control Engine (ACE) Hardware Setup task to configure ACE devices that are new to the network by establishing network connectivity in either standalone or high-availability (HA) deployments.
– The Virtual Context Setup task to create and connect an ACE virtual context.
– The Application Setup task to configure end-to-end load-balancing for your application.
- Configuration—Tasks that allow you to configure system attributes for a virtual context, control a user’s access to ANM, and display configuration and deployment changes logged in the ANM database.
- Documentation—Quick links to ANM, ACE module, and ACE appliance user documentation on www.cisco.com.
- System Summary—Tasks that allow you to display critical alarm notifications when the value for a specific statistic rises above the specified setting or display all critical events received from an ACE device for syslog and SNMP traps from all virtual contexts.
By default, the ANM Homepage (see Figure 2-1) is the first page that appears in ANM after you log in. To access the Homepage from other locations within ANM, click the Home menu option at the top of the window. From the Homepage, you can customize which page you want to display for subsequent logins into ANM. See the “Customizing the Default ANM Page” section for details.
Note All menu options on the Homepage are under Role-Based Access Control (RBAC). Menu options will be grayed if proper permission has not been granted to the logged in user by the administrator. See the “How ANM Handles Role-Based Access Control” section for more information about RBAC in ANM.
Note The ANM software version that displays across the top of the window varies depending on your version of ANM.
Figure 2-1 Homepage Window
Table 2-1 identifies the Homepage links, associated pages in ANM, and related topics that can be found in this document.
Note For information about the navigational tabs and hyperlinks located at the top of the Homepage window, see the “ANM Interface Components” section.
Customizing the Default ANM Page
You can choose the default page that you access after logging in to ANM. By default, the ANM Homepage is the first page that appears after you log in. From the ANM Homepage, you can specify a different page that appears as the default page after you log in.
Step 1 If the Homepage is not active in ANM, click the Home tab. The Homepage appears.
Step 2 From the Default Login Page drop-down list, choose one of the following pages that you want to appear after you log in to ANM:
- Home > Welcome
- Config > Guided Setup
- Config > Devices
- Config > Operations > Real Servers
- Config > Operations > Virtual Servers
- Config > Operations > GSS VIP Answers
- Config > Operations > GSS DNS Rules
- Config > Deploy
- Config > Device Audit
- Monitor > Devices > Dashboard
- Monitor > Devices > Resource Usage
- Monitor > Devices > Traffic Summary
- Monitor > Devices > Load Balancing > Real Servers
- Monitor > Devices > Load Balancing > Probes
- Monitor > Devices > Load Balancing > Statistics
- Monitor > Devices > Load Balancing > Application Acceleration (ACE appliance only)
- Monitor > Events
- Monitor > Alarm Notifications > Alarms
Step 3 Click Save to save your new selection as the default page the next time that you log in to ANM.