Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Statistics on ESW2-350G Switches
PDF(26.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(66.2 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(133.0 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 12, 2018
Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) Statistics on ESW2-550X Switches
Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) is a protocol that allows network managers to troubleshoot and modify network management in multi-vendor environments. LLDP enables a device to advertise its identification, configuration, and capabilities to neighboring devices that will then store the data in a Management Information Base.
This article explains how to view LLDP statistics for each port on the ESW2-550X stackable managed switches.
• ESW2-550X • ESW2-550X-DC
View LLDP Statistics
Step 1. Log in to the web configuration utility of the switch and choose Administration > Discovery - LLDP > LLDP Statistics. The LLDP Statistics page opens:
Step 2. Choose the desired interface from the Interface Type equals to drop-down list. Click Go.
The following information is displayed for each port:
• Interface — The identifier of the interface.
• Tx Frames Total — The total number of transmitted frames.
• Rx Frames — Received frames.
– Total — The total number of received frames.
– Discarded — The total number of received frames that were discarded..
– Errors — The total number of received frames with errors.
• Rx TLVs — Type-Length-Values of received frames.
– Discarded — The total number of received TLVs that were discarded.
– Unrecognized — The total number of received TLVs that were unrecognized by the system.
• Neighbor's Information Deletion Count — The number of times the neighbor information has aged-out on a particular interface.
Step 3. Click Refresh to update the statistics on the page.