PDF(439.5 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(475.7 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(180.0 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 11, 2018
Rogue AP Configuration on RV180 and RV180W
Rogue AP is a wireless AP that has been installed on a secure company network without a proper authorization from the network administrator or has been created to allow a hacker to establish a man-in-the-middle attack. This can pose a security threat to large organizations. These are the points which are detected and which are not authorized as known are named as Rogue APs. This mainly facilitates the administrator to manage unauthorized devices in the network.
Rogue AP Configuration
Step 1. Use the Configuration Utility to choose Wireless > Rogue AP. The Rogue AP page opens. It has two areas: Rogue AP Configuration and Rogue AP Detected Table.
The Rogue AP Configuration area consists of Rogue AP Detection field. Check this field to enable Rogue AP Detection.
Step 2. Click Save to save the settings.
The Rogue AP Detected Table has the following parameters. Check the box in the first column header to select all the Rogue APs in the table.
• MAC Address — MAC address of the Rogue AP detected in the environment.
• SSID — SSID of the Rogue AP detected in the environment .
• Security — Security mode of the Rogue AP. The Security modes can be WPA2, WPA, WEP and OPEN.
• Encryption — Encryption which is used by the Rogue AP. The Encryption types can be AES, TKIP or NONE.
• Authentication — Authentication method which is supported by the Rogue AP in that environment. The Authentication methods are PSK, RADIUS or NONE.
• Network Mode — Network Mode which is supported by the Rogue AP in that environment. The Network modes are B only, B/G-Mixed, G-only, B/G/N-Mixed, N/G Mixed.
• Channel — Operating frequency channel of the Rogue AP in the environment.
• Last Detected — Time since the Rogue AP entry was updated in the cache.
Step 3. Click Authorize to legalize the chosen access points.
• Poll Interval — Time in seconds, after which the page will reload automatically. To modify the poll interval, click Stop button and click Start button to start automatic refresh.
• Start — Enables the automatic refresh.
• Stop — Disables the automatic page refresh feature.