PDF(531.3 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
ePub(565.5 KB) View in various apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Sony Reader, or Windows Phone
Mobi (Kindle)(204.4 KB) View on Kindle device or Kindle app on multiple devices
Updated:December 12, 2018
VLAN Membership on RV180 and RV180W
This document explains how to configure VLANs on the switch and enable the VLAN functionality and then configure the VLAN using Port Vlans and Available VLANs .
• RV180 • RV180W
Steps of Procedure
Step 1. Use the router configuration utility to choose Networking > LAN (Local Network) > VLAN Membership. The VLAN Membership page opens.
Step 2. In the VLAN Membership page, click Add Row to add vlan configuration.
• VLAN ID — Unique id for VLAN.
• Description — Description of VLAN.
•Inter VLAN Routing — Check Enabled to enable Inter VLAN Routing.
• Device Management — Check Enabled to enable Device management for the particular VLAN.
Step 3. Choose the type for each and every port from the drop down list i.e Tagged,Untagged,Exclude.
• Tagged — This mode specifies that the association between a given vlan and the port is tagged.It ingress traffic on this port will be forwarded to the given vlan based on the vlan information present in the vlan tag in the frame.Egress traffic on this port will have the vlan tag preserved when association is tagged.
• Untagged — This mode specifies that the association between a given vlan and the port is untagged.It ingress traffic coming into this port is forwarded to the vlan having untagged association with the port.Traffic from this vlan egress from this port is untagged.
• Exclude — This mode specifies that there is no association between the given vlan and port.Traffic from the vlan will not be allowed in ingress and egress from this port.