THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND
OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE
OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE
IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD
NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Initial Public Release
Prime Infrastructure - 3.0
When you try to add a license in Prime Infrastructure (PI) 3.0, the license is not successfully added.
When you try to install a Prime Infrastructure 3.0 license with this procedure:
- Click the Navigation icon at the top left of the web page of the PI GUI.
Note: The help text reads as "Open and Close Navigation".
- On the slide-out menu bar, which usually slides from the left panel, click the Navigation icon.
Note: The Navigation icon is selected by default. You can click the Navigation icon otherwise.
- Choose Administration > Licenses > Files > License Files.
- Click Add in order to add a PI 3.0 license.
Prime Infrastructure shows a dialog box with this message: "Unknown license file version detected" and the license is not added in PI.
This occurs when you attempt to add a license in Prime Infrastructure 3.0.
When you try to add a license in Prime Infrastructure 3.0, the license is not successfully added.
This message is displayed: "Unknown license file version detected".
- Ensure that PI 3.0.1 is installed.
- Install the pi301_pp_CSCuw89435_2015-1.0.4.ubf patch.
Refer to the readme file, included in the Cisco.com posting of the pi301_pp_CSCuw89435_2015-1.0.4.ubf patch. It contains the the installation procedure.
- Both of the previously listed UBF patches can be downloaded from Cisco.com.
- This fix will also be integrated into the next maintenance release of Prime Infrastructure - PI 3.0.2. If PI 3.0.2 is already installed, you can skip the installation of the pi301_pp_CSCuw89435_2015-1.0.4.ubf patch on your PI server.
Upgrade to Prime Infrastructure 3.1 or 3.0.2, which both have a fix for this issue. Download via the Cisco Download Software page (log in with your Cisco.com userid).
To follow the bug ID link below and see detailed bug information, you must be
a registered customer and you must be logged in.
|CSCuw89435 (registered customers only)
||Adding license to PI 3.0 reports "Unknown license file version detected"
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Cisco Notification Service—Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.