THIS FIELD NOTICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION ON THE FIELD NOTICE OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THE FIELD NOTICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. CISCO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS FIELD NOTICE AT ANY TIME.
Migration to new field notice system
Fixed Broken Image Links
|Affected OS Type
||Affected Release Number
TelePresence Content Server Model
||Content Server S6.0 - New Installation -503 Service Unavailable|
When a new Telepresence Content Server (TCS) Release 6.0 installation is set up with the use of the Cisco TCS Release 6.0 Quick Start Guide, Microsoft Internet Information Service (IIS) sends a 503 Service Unavailable error message after the local administrator password is changed in step two of the guide.
This issue is due to the use of the local account (administrator) used for DefaultAppPool in the current configuration. As per the Quick Start Guide, when the local administrator password is changed it is synced everywhere except for the app pool. You need to perform this procedure to manually sync the password with the app pool.
This error message is observed when the administrator password is changed in TCS Release 6.0.
Remove the administrator account from DefaultAppPool and replace it with the default value (via the IIS Manager Release 7.5).
Complete these steps before you execute any steps from the Quick Start Guide:
- Log in to TCS as the administrator. Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager.
- In the Server Manager window, choose Roles > Web Server (IIS) > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click Application Pools and choose DefaultAppPool.
- Right-click DefaultAppPool and choose Advanced Settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, choose Identity.
- In the Application Pool Identity dialog box, click the Built-in account radio button. From the Built-in account drop-down list, choose ApplicationPoolIdentity. Click OK.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click OK.
- Verify that the Identity for DefaultAppPool is ApplicationPoolIdentity as shown in the picture. If yes, restart the system. If no, confirm that steps 1 through 7 were completed correctly.
For More Information
If you require further assistance, or if you have any further questions regarding this field notice, please contact the Cisco Systems Technical Assistance Center (TAC) by one of the following methods:
Receive Email Notification For New Field Notices
Cisco Notification Service—Set up a profile to receive email updates about reliability, safety, network security, and end-of-sale issues for the Cisco products you specify.