This document describes the process to upload a wallpaper on IP Phones DX650.
Contributed by Jebin Kalarithara and Kenny Araya, Cisco TAC Engineers.
Cisco recommends that you have knowledge of these topics:
- IP phones configuration on Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- IP phones settings
- IP phones DX650
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.6 or later
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
The recommended image resolution for Cisco DX650 wallpaper is 1600x1280. However, the DX650 crops the image to 1600x600.
The top and bottom 340px of a 1600x1280 image do not display on the device. To avoid getting cropped the required part of the image, use these steps.
Step 1. Resize the required Image to 1600*600. This is the actual size of the image that displays in the DX650.
These options can be used to resize the image with MS Paint.
- Enable option Maintain aspect ratio and enter 600 in the Vertical field, in this case the picture will be resized with same aspect ratio.
Note: With this method, image can be seen without stretching but the horizontal part may not be completed where padding has to be used.
- Uncheck option Maintain aspect ratio to enter 600 in the Vertical and 1600 in the Horizontal fields directly, if this is the case the picture aspect ratio changes and the picture stretches to fit in 1600.
Step 2. Once the image is resized, select all and check the total image dimension.
You can see that the dimension is re sized to 1600*600 in this image.
Step 3. Save the image as XXX.JPG.
Step 4. Open a new MS Paint window with blank page and resize it to 1600*1280. Save it as YYY.JPG.
Step 5. Go to the saved 1600*600 Image (XXX.JPG), select all and copy to the new blank 1600*1280 image (YYY.JPG).
Step 6. Ensure the copied image is placed exactly in the middle. Top and bottom of the blank space should be 1600*340.
Step 7. Save the YYY.JPG. In summary the final YYY.JPG have these dimensions.
Total Image Dimension = 1600*1280
Blank space at Top and Bottom = 1600*340. This part of the image is cropped and doesn't display on the DX650.
Center of the Image =1600*600: This part of the image displays on the DX650.
Step 8. Upload the wallpaper image (YYY.JPG) to the Desktops/1600x1280x24 directory on all CUCM servers with the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) service activated.
Step 9. Restart the TFTP service on all CUCM servers with the service activated.
Step 10. Go to the DX650 Common Phone Profile in CUCM Administration and make these changes.
- Uncheck Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting.
- Enter the wallpaper image filename in Background Image.
Note: The Back ground image name also can give directly on the Phone Page.
- Check Override Common Settings.
- Save and Apply the configuration
Step 11. Go to the phone device page and apply the configuration to the devices you want the wallpaper to be loaded on.