Will Your Primary Distribution Solution Enable You to Transition to IP on Your Terms?
The Cisco® D9800 Network Transport Receiver enables you to migrate from satellite to IP without compromising the value of your existing distribution infrastructure investment. With IP interfaces and high throughput, the platform offers superior support for mezzanine IP distribution while taking advantage of ABR technology.
The Cisco D9800 lets you distribute a lower bandwidth feed over a CDN link so you can reach affiliates where it is not feasible to provide fixed-lease bandwidth. The D9800 offers functionality to convert IP-delivered ABR streams to traditional TS so you can reach traditional endpoints.
As a platform for IP migration, the D9800 extends support for traditional PowerVu broadcast features to the IP link so you can gracefully transition from satellite to IP at your pace. This enables you to continue deriving revenue from linear content distribution models and advertising.
Gracefully Evolve Content Distribution from Satellite to IP
● Distribute content leveraging OTT infrastructure with the functionality to convert ABR streams to TS in order to reach traditional distribution endpoints
● Securely distribute content over any link with best-in-class in satellite and IP distribution, and market-leading receiver control
● Process up to 400 Mbps and transcode 16 services in 1RU with best-in-class transcode density
● Ingest content from multiple sources—CDN, direct connect IP, and satellite—and generate unique bouquets of content
● Maintain support of broadcast features such as program substitution and blackouts
The Cisco D9800 offers unmatched versatility to integrate features into a modular hardware architecture to provide a reliable platform for future innovation. The D9800 supports evolving technologies and standards such as SMPT 2022-5/6, high dynamic range (HDR), and best-in-class HEVC transcode density.
IP Networking, Broadcast, and Security Expertise
Only Cisco has a combination of IP networking expertise and extensive experience securely delivering broadcast content over satellite to offer a migration path that allows you to move at your own pace.
The D9800 is the platform to do just that. Whether your plan is to go with a direct IP connection, serve your affiliate via ABR over a CDN, or remain on your “tried and true satellite delivery, the D9800 can handle any of those use cases or a hybrid architecture.
The D9800, coupled with the Cisco Virtual DCM for software-based encoding and Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) workflow control at the uplink, provides a proven solution for customers to migrate from satellite to terrestrial IP distribution.
For more information about the Cisco D9800 Network Transport Receiver, visit http://www.cisco.com/go/digitalreciever.