The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
We live in an evolving and expanding digital world, where applications are the front door for virtually every business. Customers are under pressure to accelerate their digital transformation projects. Flawless application experiences are a top priority. However, it is also more complicated than ever.
Modern applications are built on top of microservices running on cloud-native and hybrid-cloud architectures, which are based on massively decentralized services, ultimately creating a complex and rapidly evolving environment. A small issue in one service can have a cumulative effect on overall user experiences. The information and experience required to operate these environments is scattered and siloed across different tools and teams. This reduces the ability to identify, prioritize, and effectively address the issues that are directly impacting the user experience and most likely the business and its brand and reputation.
This is where Cisco Full-Stack Observability comes in. It moves beyond domain-specific monitoring into full-stack visibility, insights, and action. It connects all of this with business context. Cisco Full-Stack Observability breaks down silos by correlating real-time telemetry across multiple domains, so organizations can effectively deliver always-on, secure, and exceptional digital experiences for customers and employees.
● Bring teams together across infrastructure, security, applications, networking, and cloud by breaking down silos by sharing data across domains. As per a recent survey by IDC, 74 percent of organizations struggle with data collection and correlation.*
● Minimize tool sprawl by providing a unified solution instead of point tools. As per a recent survey by IDC, 56 percent of organizations use more than 10 observability or monitoring tools.*
● Reduce time to resolution of incidents and performance issues. When teams are overloaded with data across multiple tools, the Mean Time To Resolution (MTTR) increases – which can lead to costly downtime for the business. Forty-seven percent of organizations report the average cost of an hour of downtime is $250,000 or more.*
● Focus on what matters most: revenue, user experience, risk, and costs. Seventy-nine percent say when IT teams use the same observability tools and share observability data across domains, it fosters teamwork and operational success. *
“More than 180 applications now run with fewer incidents and improved availability, which means less effort for our teams and a better experience for customers.”
Vice President of Enterprise Tools and Automation, First Abu Dhabi Bank
Cisco Full-Stack Observability
Modern application development cycles and system complexity make it difficult to understand the root causes behind application performance issues. Simply observing each domain isn't enough. Enterprises need full-stack observability to properly manage the complexities and remove blind spots. Full-stack observability correlates the entire technology stack to the customer's application performance metrics, business transactions, and, ultimately, the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for their business.
Cisco Full-Stack Observability allows you to:
● Observe both traditional and modern applications as well as the network and infrastructure, in real time, to enhance and ensure end-user application experience and performance.
● Secure applications and protect against vulnerabilities with business-risk observability. Expand threat visibility and intelligent business-risk prioritization like never before.
● Optimize resources and lower costs by increasing utilization of assets and improve resource allocation across workloads.
● Extend and empower a new observability ecosystem with the Cisco Full-Stack Observability Platform, which is open, extensible, and API-driven.
Cisco Full-Stack Observability monitors the inputs (application, infrastructure, networking, and security stacks) and outputs (business transactions, user experiences, and application performance) and provides cross-domain correlations and dependency mapping. It provides teams with shared, connected insights to break down silos with the right information and context, so teams can take actions to observe, secure, and optimize across the full stack.
Your users are expecting an always-on, secure, exceptional digital experience. Are you ready to deliver? To learn more, visit https://www.cisco.com/site/us/en/solutions/full-stack-observability/index.html.