The documentation set for this product strives to use bias-free language. For the purposes of this documentation set, bias-free is defined as language that does not imply discrimination based on age, disability, gender, racial identity, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and intersectionality. Exceptions may be present in the documentation due to language that is hardcoded in the user interfaces of the product software, language used based on RFP documentation, or language that is used by a referenced third-party product. Learn more about how Cisco is using Inclusive Language.
Benefits of securely connecting Process control environments.
● Improve plant productivity with greater visibility into operational workflows processes and personnel
● Increase Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and asset utilization through increased production availability and asset visibility
● Improve worker safety and security with continuous communication and tracking of field personnel
● Improved operational efficiency with the fully mobile worker
● Quickly deploy and troubleshoot equipment
● Reduce risk to the production environment with greater regulatory and security compliance through industry-leading security platforms
The Cisco® Validated Design (CVD) for Oil & Gas is your key to digitizing Process Control and Refineries in order to significantly improve business operational outcomes. It provides wired and wireless network and security design and implementation guidance for process control systems. The solution supports resilient, secure connectivity of Industrial Automation and Control devices and the systems core to the process control environment and the personnel maintaining the location.
Use this secure networking solution for the following applications:
● Resilient and secure connectivity of IACS devices, including wired and wireless sensors, actuators, and controllers, including wireless sensor network (e.g., Wireless Hart and ISA100) integration
● Wireless connectivity with the Cisco Catalyst IW6300 Heavy Duty Series Access Points with Class-I Div-2 certification, designed specifically for hazardous locations and industrial environments like oil and gas refineries, chemical plants and process control applications
● Mobility for the workforce providing real time access to information for operational tasks, on demand support services such as remote experts and visibility into assets and personnel throughout the workplace
● Enhanced Cybersecurity with visibility into the connected assets and a framework for segmentation, policy management, anomaly detection and mitigation in alignment with key industrial cybersecurity standards
● Real time visibility and access to sensor-level information to enable IoT applications such as predictive analytics and maintenance, Digital Twin, and machine learning and process optimization
● Enable remote access to production applications and personnel to improve uptime and personnel productivity and safety
● Support plant-wide applications such as Distributed Control Systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), historians, asset management, and equipment maintenance
The Cisco Industrial Automation for Oil and Gas validated solution can help you securely and confidently converge IT and OT operations with tested reference architecture and design and implementation guidance.
The Cisco Oil and Gas Process Control and Refineries validated solution is unique and distinguished in the marketplace, integrating industry-leading IT expertise with OT requirements and applications. Using this solution gives customers, partners, and system implementers the confidence to deploy the networking and security technology in any industrial automation setting. This unique solution outlines how to achieve a set of key OT requirements:
● High availability for all key process control systems and networks
● Integration of wireless sensor networks
● IT-preferred security architecture that integrates OT context applicable to process control systems
● Converged network for supporting communication from sensor to cloud
● Reliance on open standards to ensure vendor choice and protection from proprietary constraints
● Deployment of IOT applications with support for Edge Compute
● Cybersecurity monitoring of IACS devices and communications
● Real-time, highly available application support with resilient network configuration
● Deployable in a range of industrial environmental conditions with intrinsically safe industrial-grade equipment
● Support for seamless migration to modern APs and wireless LAN controllers
● Scalable from small (tens to hundreds of devices) to very large (thousands to 10,000s) deployments
● Intent-based manageability and ease of use for facilitating deployment and maintenance, especially by OT personnel with limited IT capabilities or knowledge
Proven to work with industrial vendors, including Rockwell Automation, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Mitsubishi Electric, Emerson, Honeywell, and Yokogawa. A broad set of customers, from local production companies to the global majors, have used the solution.
Are your core production and operational process systems disconnected and in un-secured operational silos? Get the assurance you need by using Cisco Industrial Automation’s premier integration of IT expertise with OT requirements and applications. Then you can deploy the technology for connecting, securing, and starting industrial IoT-based improvements.
For additional information, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/iotcvd.
● Support for Oil and Gas Process Control and Refineries wireless networks integrating the new IW6300 Intrinsically safe Wi-Fi access points backhauling wireless sensor traffic
● Brownfield wireless architectures to support a migration path to the IW6300 Access Point
● Expanded resiliency and security support with Cisco Software-Defined Access ready infrastructure Catalyst IE3200, IE3300, IE3400 and IE3400 Heavy (IP67)
● Integrated Cisco’s Cyber Vision OT focused industrial cybersecurity visibility and monitoring