At your school, students might be using digital textbooks. And you may be required to provide a tablet or laptop for every student. Faculty and administrative personnel, too, rely on wireless networking for internal communications that are part of their jobs. Network connections will probably be wireless for the flexibility to use devices from anywhere on campus.
If your IT staff is tiny or nonexistent, how can you deploy and manage the wireless network? Especially if there are multiple schools scattered throughout the district to cover?
Cisco® Mobility Express targets just such situations. Use it to easily deploy a wireless network with all Cisco advanced wireless innovations, using a simple, over-the-air configuration interface. Mobility Express is built into Cisco Aironet® Series Access Points that support 802.11ac Wave 2. Wave 2 supports gigabit speeds and protects your Wi-Fi access point investment into the future.
● Ideal for schools needing more than one Wi-Fi access point
● Supports Cisco’s industry-leading-features with no price premium
● Non-IT personnel can set up the wireless network in minutes
● Three-step, wizard-based setup means no command lines to learn
● Delivers 802.11ac Wave 2
● Bundles virtual WLAN controller management capabilities into the AP at no extra cost and zero footprint
● Cisco DNA Spaces can be added to boost customer engagement and give you presence-based analytics
Supported on the Cisco Aironet Series Access Points, Mobility Express lets you deploy your wireless LAN in minutes. You can simultaneously configure multiple Aironet access points with industry best-practice settings already enabled by default. Follow just three steps to configure your network:
1. Connect to an 802.11ac Wave 2 Cisco Aironet Access Point using any wireless device
2. Use the Cisco WLAN Express Setup Wizard to configure multiple access points simultaneously. Your wireless network can contain a mix of other Cisco Aironet Series Access Points. You just need one Mobility Express-enabled 802.11ac Wave 2 Aironet Access Point as the control function
3. Access the management dashboard – available via a browser or a mobile app – to operate, monitor, and troubleshoot your network
When you want to access your Mobility Express dashboard from your mobile device, use the Cisco Wireless app, available at the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
New 802.11ac Wave 2 client devices are appearing on your network as students, faculty, and staff upgrade their smartphones and tablets. Installing a Wave 2 Wi-Fi access point prepares you to deliver the most robust performance possible to them from day one. Turn to Cisco, a leader in helping advance the 802.11ac specifications, to help you stay ahead of the growing Wi-Fi traffic volumes that the new devices will generate.
Using a virtual wireless LAN controller built right into the Cisco Aironet access points, you can manage all your access points from a central console. You can easily manage other APs for each Mobility Express virtual controller you deploy. That means if you are a smaller venue, you can now deliver the same quality user experiences as large enterprises or universities. There’s no price premium, and you don’t have to understand command-line interfaces.
There’s no longer the burden of having to manage autonomous APs one at a time, and no need to invest in a separate WLAN controller appliance for management.
To learn more about Cisco Mobility Express or any of the other Cisco 802.11ac Wave 2 Access Points, visit: https://www.cisco.com/go/mobilityexpress.