If the Microsoft SQL Server database isn’t broken, why fix it? On July 9, 2019, Microsoft announced the end of support for SQL Server 2008, and increased support fees for other versions. This may expose your business to security threats, an inability to adopt new technologies, and higher costs. Add license compliance struggles, patch management, and an inability to move system resources to match business requirements, and you have a compelling reason to upgrade.
Cisco offers a wide range of infrastructures to ensure the highest performance and availability for your SQL infrastructure, from hyperconvergence with Cisco HyperFlex™ to converged infrastructure solutions. Our partnership with NetApp and Pure Storage offers a complete system solution leveraging all-flash storage performance. We enable software solutions that automatically adjust system resources to meet business changes and tools to monitor unauthorized patches, license, and policy compliance and to map, monitor, and ensure peak performance of your business processes. Change in IT is a constant, but Cisco can help ensure your SQL Server instances meet your business requirements.
● Increased security: Discover out-ofpolicy patches, open “back doors,” and license compliance issues in real time
● Process mapping: Understand the impact each database has in your IT department and help ensure optimal performance of business processes
● Workload optimization: Automatically align system resources to requirements, ensuring optimal performance without unnecessary “headroom”
● Infrastructure choice: Leverage the automated capabilities of Cisco UCS® Manager, from converged to hyperconverged infrastructures
● Faster performance: Improved data-analysis capabilities, faster query response times, and better availability and recovery times
Defer investments and improve operations with Cisco automation tools
Only Cisco offers Cisco Workload Optimization Manager (CWOM), Cisco Tetration™, and AppDynamics® that can assist your team with gaining better use of system resources, increasing the security of your data, better understanding your IT business process flows, and helping ensure peak efficiency.
Benefits of Cisco Workload Optimization Manager
● Automatically balance system resources to small or dynamic business requirements
● Set policy guidelines to ensure SQL Server has optimal resources
● Reduce infrastructure expansion costs
Benefits of Cisco Tetration
● Get alerts regarding out-of-policy applications or patches to ensure compliance
● Detect license-policy issues to help avoid the costs of failing an audit
● Gain insight into how network data flows affect your business on premises or in a public cloud
Benefits of AppDynamics
Monitor application and database business process flows in real time.
● Improve user experiences by judging how every line of code impacts data center performance
● Monitor networks and servers on-premises or in private or public clouds, including hybrid cloud environments, to ensure optimal system performance
Only Cisco provides this unique combination of tools to address your broader data center concerns, all of which can be implemented when you update your installed databases as a way to address your broader IT challenges.
Our system solutions are designed to help you simplify deployment and accelerate data processing. By combining with Cisco® software tools, you can better monitor, manage, and secure your workloads to help your business be more effective, competitive, and profitable. Contact your Cisco sales team or partner for a technical presentation or a detailed solution-sizing today! Visit https://www.cisco.com/go/microsoft