Empower Information Workers to Be More Effective
People don't want to have to think about "How do I?" Their priority is "What do I want to get done?" The key is intuitive technologies that let people shift focus from individual applications to the actual end result of the tasks.
Implementing collaboration solutions allows you to flatten communication hierarchies to save time, simplify workflows, and increase interaction and productivity.
- Spend most work time in a primary office location working on a laptop or desktop
- Spend part of the day in scheduled or spontaneous meetings in person or through web conferencing
- Communicate 1:1 with others, primarily through instant messaging, email, and phone
- Use a smartphone to check email and to be accessible outside of normal work hours
- May telecommute once a week and travel quarterly
Information workers need to:
- Collaborate with people locally as well as in other companies, locations, and countries
- Share and comment with peers on team and cross-functional projects
- Participate in or lead team meetings with local and remote co-workers using screen sharing and video
- Have easy access to training and development opportunities to maintain engagement
Collaboration Use Cases
Explore how collaboration implementations can help information workers.
Primary Use Cases
- Collaborate from within business applications
Access voice, video, IM, presence, voice mail, and conferencing directly from the applications you use most often.
- Enable meetings with remote participants
Use web conferencing to meet with others, wherever they are.
- Collaborate with external organizations
Share information, interact in real time, and communicate across channels.
Secondary Use Cases
- Incorporate video into meetings
Meet face-to-face over distance to improve relationships and productivity.
- Enable mobile workers and BYOD
Use mobile devices as a highly secure extension of the enterprise network.
- Support teleworkers and branch offices
Work more securely from multiple locations.
- Create flexible work areas
Scale office space and create areas that foster employee innovation and teamwork.