What matters behind the scenes
Cisco Spark provides open collaboration for users and peace of mind for IT and information-security leaders.
Security and encryption
With Cisco Spark, your data is private--all content, messages, files, even whiteboard drawings. You get always-on encryption and options to manage encryption keys on your servers.
- End-to-end encryption. Cisco Spark encrypts everything before it leaves your device, not just in transit and at rest. Your content is protected end to end.
- Fast, simple search. When users search, matches are retrieved and sent to the user’s device before they're decrypted.
- User identity and access. Only successfully authenticated users can view messages and files in Cisco Spark spaces. Cisco Spark also supports integrations with existing identity management software.
- Device and browser protection. Customize application and device security controls, including idle time-out for web clients, device PIN enforcement, and remote wipe of Cisco Spark content cached on mobile devices.
Administrators can define compliance settings for retention, search and extract reports for eDiscovery, and integrate with existing compliance software.
- Flexible retention. Cisco Spark stores content indefinitely, until a user deletes it, or per administrator-defined retention policies.
- eDiscovery. To meet legal and regulatory needs, compliance administrators can search and extract content. Search all activities, text messages, and content, as well as contextual data such as timestamps, space IDs, and participant IDs.
- Data loss prevention. Use the Cisco Spark Events API to poll for events and content so that you can monitor and correct user behavior. Integrate the Events API with your cloud access security broker (CASB), data loss prevention system (DLP), archival platform, or eDiscovery software to check for policy violations and to take remediation action.
- Archive. The Cisco Spark Events API enables polling for events to archive the content in an archival application.
Management and analytics
Cisco Spark Control Hub is the gateway for provisioning, administration, and analytics in Cisco Spark. Included with any paid subscription to Cisco Spark, the hub provides a dashboard for usage and performance across the full service.
- Subscription management. Enter user details manually or upload them in batches. Automatically add or delete users by using Cisco Spark Hybrid Services to synchronize with Microsoft Active Directory. You can also integrate single sign-on (SSO) services so that users must enter their IT-approved password to access Cisco Spark.
- Reporting and metrics. Measure adoption trends and develop business insights through usage reports. Administrators can also monitor quality of service, capacity, and performance.
Security and data privacy
Cisco Spark's security and data-privacy best practices include: