Small, Cost-Effective Access or Edge Device
Take advantage of the 6-rack-unit size, high density, and 99.999 percent reliability of the carrier-class Cisco ONS 15310-MA Multiservice Provisioning Platform (MSPP) for your access and edge networks.
The Cisco ONS15310-MA is a carrier-class MSPP that efficiently switches Ethernet and TDM traffic for use in metropolitan and regional optical networks. With the flexibility and scalability that allow it to support DS1, DS3/EC1, OC-3 to OC-48 SONET, and Ethernet interfaces, the ONS 15310-MA is already a part of many North American service providers multiservice SONET and next-generation "triple play" and IPTV deployment strategies.
Deployed as a metro access or edge device, the ONS 15310-MA can groom and aggregate traffic at various locations throughout the service provider network, including:
- Directly at the customer premises, where its configuration can be efficiently customized and scaled to meet the customer's service densities
- In end-office, interoffice facility (IOF), and CO applications, where it can groom traffic from multiple customer-located network elements (such as the Cisco ONS 15310-CL, Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series, or other Cisco ONS 15310-MA nodes) for distribution to other networks or as a hand-off to specialized networking devices (such as Cisco 7600 Series routers, high-capacity digital cross-connects, or Class 5 telephone switches)
Summary of Capabilities
- Multirate SONET interfaces (OC-3 to OC-48)
- 28 to 168 DS1 and 3 to 6 DS3/EC1 protected or unprotected interfaces
- Carrier (CE Series) and multilayer switched (ML Series) Ethernet
- Flexible networking: Unidirectional Path Switch Ring (UPSR), 1+1 Automatic Protection Switching (APS), unprotected span, and Cisco's Path Protected Mesh Networking (PPMN)
- Integrated Cisco Transport Controller craft management tool and Cisco Transport Manager for fast and easy operation