The Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Supervisor Engine II-Plus 10GE is a 10 GbE high performance Layer 2+ supervisor with advanced security, high availability and investment protection, allowing GbE deployments today and 10 GbE when required, at a compelling price point.
The Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Supervisor Engine II-Plus 10GE is ideal for enterprises and medium-sized businesses that require secure, high-performance connectivity with maximum uptime in the LAN access layer. It is also is also well suited for DSLAM aggregation in Metro Ethernet environments. This high-performance Layer 2+ supervisor engine delivers advanced security, high availability, and investment protection at a compelling price point. It includes the following advantages:
- Equipped with both Gigabit Ethernet (Small Form-Factor Pluggable [SFP]) and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (X2) ports for easy and cost-effective migration to 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Like the higher-end Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Supervisor Engine V-10GE, all four Gigabit Ethernet ports and both 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports are active and can be used concurrently
- Delivers nonblocking, enhanced Layer 2 switching with basic Layer 3 and Layer 4 intelligent services to power resilient, multilayer switching solutions for converged data, voice, and video networks
- Designed with ample performance and resources to allow customers to deploy networkwide intelligent services, such as advanced quality of service (QoS), advanced security, and management featureswithout impacting switching performance
- Compatible with the widely deployed Cisco Catalyst 4503, Catalyst 4506, and Catalyst 4507R chassis and with existing Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series line cards, providing investment protection while extending the deployment of the modular Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series