PDF(127.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:May 28, 2013
The Cisco D9896 4:2:2 10-Bit AVC Receiver Decoder (Figure 1) is a full-featured MPEG-2 and Advanced Video Coding (AVC) receiver decoder designed to support contribution applications. The D9896 complements the Cisco D90964:2:2 10-Bit AVC Encoder and is capable of decoding 4:2:2 AVC 10-bit encoded content.
The Cisco D9896 also supports decoding MPEG-2 and AVC-I content for fixed contribution applications that need to support a variety of codecs, bitrates, and use cases.
The Cisco D9896 has a comprehensive audio feature set, with the ability to decode up to eight audio packet identifiers (PIDs) and output eight audio channels in the embedded Serial Digital Interface (SDI) and four channels in the Audio Engineering Standard (AES) outputs. The D9896 decoding engine is capable of decoding MPEG Layer 2 audio and passing Dolby Digital E, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), High-Efficiency AAC (HE-AAC), and pulse-code modulation (PCM) audio.
The D9896 front panel has an alphanumeric keypad and assignable shortcut keys, which streamline operations when a web-browser is not available. A thin film transistor (TFT) display on the front panel shows the decoded video service for confidence monitoring. An intuitive web interface meets all operational expectations, and the Cisco ROSA
® Video Services Manager (VSM) offers management, monitoring, and redundancy for the D9896.
• Asynchronous Serial Interface (ASI) and IP input capability
• Multicast and unicast input with support of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) v3
• SMPTE-2022 CoP3 forward error correction (FEC) receive support
• Decoding of standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) MPEG-4 AVC, with 4:2:0 8-bit and 4:2:2 8- and 10-bit support
• Low-latency mode for sensitive contribution applications
• Decoding of up to 8 channels of audio
• Four AES outputs for discrete audio
Ease of Use Features
• Single configuration that supports all capabilities (no options, no licenses)
• Single page-status view on the web GUI
• Confidence-monitoring TFT display of decoded input on the front panel
• Front-panel-assignable shortcut keys for ease of use
• Up to 64 profiles storable on the unit for quick reconfiguration
• Boot-up in 8 seconds
• Usable video from ASI input in 10 seconds
• Redundancy support through Cisco ROSA VSM
• Greater than 40 dB of noise
• Front-to-back airflow
Table 1 lists specifications for the Cisco D9896 Receiver Decoder.