PDF(150.4 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:July 13, 2006
Product Bulletin No. 3509
ANNOUNCING ORDERABILITY AND FIRST CUSTOMER SHIPMENT OF CISCO UNIFIED PERSONAL COMMUNICATOR VERSION 1.1
® is pleased to announce that Cisco Unified Personal Communicator is now orderable. The Cisco
® Unified Personal Communicator software is now available for download from the
http://www.cisco.com software center.
An integral part of the Cisco Unified Communications family of products, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator is a desktop computer application that helps enable more effective communications. By transparently integrating your most frequently used communications applications and services, Cisco Unified Personal Communicator streamlines the communication experience, helping you work smarter and faster. With Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, you can access voice, video, document sharing, and presence information-all from a single, rich-media interface connected to Cisco Unified CallManager.
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator transparently integrates a wide variety of communications applications and services, connecting you to a rich set of unified communication tools. Using dynamic presence information, you can check the availability of colleagues in real time, reducing "phone tag" and improving productivity. You can easily search existing directories to locate important contacts and initiate communications. Video and Web conferencing enable you to exchange ideas "face-to-face" and collaborate more effectively with colleagues. You also can view and hear your voice messages quickly and easily. With Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, you can connect to important communication tools virtually anywhere, anytime to enable smarter, more effective communications.
Key Features and Benefits
• Communication integration: Take advantage of a single intuitive interface for voice and video calls, voicemail playback, Web conferencing, and integrated directories.
• Presence: View real-time availability of other Cisco Unified Personal Communicator users.
• Unified contact list: Search your corporate directory from one easy-to-use interface to locate contacts quickly. Simply click to call.
• Media escalation: Add communication methods during a session; for example, you can add video to an existing audio session or add Web conferencing to an existing audio or video session.
• Click-to-call: Dial from the contact list, using either the integrated softphone or an associated Cisco Unified IP phone.
• Integrated voice and video calling: Exchange ideas face-to-face with a coordinated video display on the PC screen and audio conversation with the softphone. Users can place video calls to others using Cisco Unified Personal Communicator, Cisco Unified Video Advantage, or the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G, a personal desktop videophone.
• IP phone association: Use Cisco Unified Personal Communicator to control your desktop Cisco Unified IP phone and make or receive calls.
• Conferencing: Create multiparty voice or video conferencing sessions by simply merging conversation sessions using the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator intuitive interface. There is no need to call into a separate conference bridge.
• Web conferencing: Launch a Web conferencing session at a moment's notice to share content, such as a presentation, with others.
• Voice messages: Access Cisco Unity® Connection voicemail messages-view, playback, sort, and delete messages-all from the same client application.
Cisco Unified Personal Communicator can be obtained through normal ordering processes. Refer to the product
data sheet and the
pricing and ordering guidelines for more details about part numbers and required components.
NEW PRODUCT HOLD
Cisco is conducting a review cycle for Cisco Unified Personal Communicator 1.1. The general process for getting an order removed from new product hold is as follows:
1. Place an order for the software. You can place an order using normal purchasing methods from Cisco, a distributor, or a partner.