Active Archive Solutions for 100X Faster Access, Limitless Scalability
The broadcast and media industries require innovative solutions for active archive storage. New media formats such as 4K, 8K and VR/360 increase capacity challenges, while time-pressured workflows demand immediate access to assets. In this demanding operating environment, traditional solutions such as NAS/SAN and tape libraries often fall short.
Active archive storage from Cisco - based on Cisco UCS® S-Series Storage Servers, combined with Cisco UCS Manager and Cloudian HyperStore software - let you easily deploy petabyte-scalable media storage that combines fast disk-based access and unprecedented TCO savings.
Compatible with most media archive managers, the Cisco/Cloudian solution scales quickly on demand; simply add storage nodes. Scale capacity in a single data center, or distribute across sites for collaboration and DR purposes. Public cloud integration is available as well, for content distribution or processing in the cloud. Bi-modal access permits seamless access to media from cloud-resident applications.
Features and Functionality
● Simplifies management with cloud-like features and lights-out simplicity
● Scales from TBs to PBs without disruption, simply by adding nodes to a single storage pool
● Geo-distribution replicates media across sites for distributed workflows
● Parallel processing across nodes scales performance and accelerates large file transfers
● Rich metadata tagging simplifies search with industry-standard tools
● Multi-part upload accelerates large file data transfer from remote locations
● Public cloud integration facilitates content distribution or Disaster Recovery
● Industry’s most compatible S3 API ensures broadest application interoperability
● Fast disk-based media access with unprecedented TCO savings
● Compatible with most popular media asset managers
● Simplifies management with limitless scalability
● Facilitates media search with integrated rich metadata
● Public cloud integration for content distribution or disaster recovery
Scalable Active Archive
Cloudian HyperStore software is optimized for the Cisco UCS S-Series, which combines a modular dual-node x86 server; 60 drive slots; and, most importantly, unique dual-port 40G per server nodes. Its architectural flexibility provides high performance or high capacity for your data-intensive media workloads.
Figure 1. Scalable Active Archive Use Cases with Cloudian
Making the right investment in technology can have significant long-term benefits. The Cisco UCS S-Series provides maximum investment protection through multigenerational system design and the flexibility to fit to your unique requirements. As larger drives and newer server models become available, they can be nondisruptively added to existing clusters to independently scale performance and/or capacity.
This infrastructure solution provides immediate value to media creators across your media creation workflow. Policy-based management of data in this architecture enables you to produce and better deliver content to your customers, partners, and audiences.
For more information, visit our website at https://www.cisco.com/go/media.