Cisco Security Manager 4.3 UCS Server Bundles with Latest UCS M3 Hardware
PDF(109.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:January 16, 2013
® Security Manager UCS Server bundles deliver an integrated security management solution for Cisco adaptive security appliances, intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), and VPN devices. The bundles include the following components and deliver a complete, scalable security management solution:
1. Cisco Security Manager 4.3
2. Cisco UCS
® C220 M3 Rack Server
3. Windows Server 2008 Enterprise R2 operating system
All components have been pre-tested to ensure compatibility and are purchased as a single solution, eliminating guesswork and speeding time to deployment. Apart from the obvious performance benefits of having the latest Cisco Security Manager software and the latest Cisco UCS C220 M3 hardware, Cisco Security Manager 4.3 UCS Server bundles provide the following benefits:
1. Ease of procurement: Purchasing a bundle eliminates the delays associated with procuring separate hardware and software components from multiple vendors.
2. Decreased complexity: Each bundle includes a Cisco UCS server with the operating system and Cisco Security Manager pre-installed, for a comprehensive package that's guaranteed to work together.
3. Reduced time to deployment: Bundle components have been pre-tested and are purchased as a single solution, eliminating guesswork and ensuring fast, predictable deployment of network security management at a competitive price.
4. Reduced rack space: The latest Cisco UCS C220 M3 Rack Servers only take up 1 RU, compared to the earlier 2-RU unit.
The bundles come in two sizes. Table 1 highlights the features and capabilities of each.