PDF(42.8 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:November 3, 2005
Product Bulletin, No. 3059
Cisco Systems® is pleased to announce Cisco IOS® Software for the new Cisco® Catalyst® 2960 switches. The Cisco® Catalyst® 2960 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches are a new family of fixed-configuration standalone devices that provide desktop 10/100 Fast Ethernet and 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for entry-level enterprise, mid-market and branch office networks, enabling enhanced LAN services. The Catalyst 2960 offers integrated security, advanced quality of service (QoS), and resiliency, which deliver intelligent services for the network edge.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series comprises the following switches:
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TT-24 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 Fixed Ethernet 10/100/1000 Uplink ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 Fixed Ethernet 10/100/1000 Uplink ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TC-24 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 Dual-Purpose Uplink Ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TC-48 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 Dual-Purpose Uplink Ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
• Cisco Catalyst 2960G-24TC-24 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports, 4 of which are Dual-Purpose; 1 rack unit (RU)
This product bulletin describes the content and delivery information about Cisco IOS Software release 12.2(25)FX, which is the first Cisco IOS software release that provides support for the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches. Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)FX is an Early Deployment release, based on Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)SEB. The Cisco IOS 12.2(25)FX software release should not be used for any switch other than the Cisco Catalyst 2960 switches.
FEATURES IN CISCO IOS SOFTWARE RELEASE 12.2(25)FX
This release contains all the features found in the LAN Base Image feature set of Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)SEB.
Products supported with this release include the following:
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TC
• Cisco Catalyst 2960T-24TT
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TC
• Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT
• Cisco Catalyst 2960G-24TC
Software Download-Software Available September 2005
Figure 1 displays Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)FX release functionality relative to the 12.2 releases. This diagram also identifies the recommended migration path to Cisco IOS Software Release 12.2(25)FX. Note that Release 12.2(25)FX is a special one-time "X" release with no planned maintenance releases. Thus, bugs that would have otherwise been fixed in a maintenance release will be fixed in the 12.2S train and will be available in the 12.2(25)SED release or later releases. For more information about the Cisco IOS Software release process, refer to Product Bulletin No. 537.