Introducing Enhanced Cisco AON Module for Cisco 2800/3700/3800 Series Routers
PDF(183.7 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:March 13, 2015
Cisco® Application-Oriented Networking (AON) technology provides application message-level intelligence into the network. It extends network capabilities to provide real-time application visibility, security, event-based messaging, and optimized delivery of mission-critical application traffic.
Cisco Systems is pleased to introduce the enhanced Application-Oriented Network Module for Cisco 2800/3700/3800 Series Access Routers. Cisco 2800/3700/3800 series of modular access routers (Figure 2) enable significantly higher levels of application and service integration at branch offices. They extend enterprise/provider-class versatility, integration, and power to branch offices.
Figure 1. Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module for Cisco ISR Access Routers
The new Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module for Cisco ISR Access Routers (NME-AON-K9=) offers several hardware and software feature enhancements optimized to provide a high performance, feature-rich compact and cost-effective solution for small and mid-size branch office.
• Higher performance and compact form factor-significant architectural and O/S enhancements enable the Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module for Cisco Access routers to offer more than twice the performance of its predecessor across its feature breadth.
• The Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module offers double the on-board memory (increasing the default to 1GB) doubling the maximum file size enabling improved ROI and better price/performance.
In addition, the Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module for Access Routers continues to offer the rich feature set, integrated management and extensibility capabilities consistent with existing AON form factors.
• Rich feature breadth and multiprotocol/standards support consistent with existing Cisco AON module available on Cisco Catalyst® 6500 Series switches and the stand-alone Cisco AON 8300 Series Appliance. Cisco AON technology can be adapted to simplify connectivity to different types of enterprise applications with highly distributed deployments while enforcing business policies.
• Extensibility through its included set of APIs that allow customization of adapters and bladelets to extend existing functions to better meet individual requirements.
• Transparent integration and management as part of existing infrastructure. Message-level policy design and enforcement is facilitated by the Cisco AON Management Console (AMC) and Cisco AON Development Studio (ADS).
• Integrated support services to provide high-quality, reliable implementation.
Rich feature set, high performance, extensibility and integrated management make the Cisco AON Enhanced Network Module well suited for custom applications and solutions such as:
• AON Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Solution-Cisco AON offers the industry's best RFID solution today that integrates RFID management and data distribution directly into the existing Cisco network hardware and software infrastructure. The Cisco AON RFID Solution is EPCglobal standards compliant and offers increased Flexibility in Capturing, Filtering, Aggregating, Transforming, Securing, and Routing RFID Events.
• AON Financial Services Monitoring Solution (FSMS)-Cisco AON FSMS solution offers monitoring of transport & application message latency providing improved visibility of trading performance. Cisco AON operates in a promiscuous mode while integrating into existing infrastructure. In conjunction with a third party software (with verified interoperability), AON FSMS solution models real-time TCP connections, FIX and RDF (coming soon) transactions derive key performance indicators for alerts and time-series reporting.
Cisco AON is also available as a Catalyst 6500 module and a high performance stand-alone appliance form factor that offer flexibility of integration into existing Cisco infrastructure or a stand-alone appliance.
• Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series AON Module, which is primarily deployed in an enterprise core or in data centers
• Cisco 8340 Series Appliance
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco 2800/3700/3800 Series Enhanced Network Module
AON Software v 2.2 for Cisco ISR 2800/3800 and Cisco 3700 Series Enhanced Network Module
Note: The management components, Cisco AON Management Console and Cisco AON Development Studio, can be downloaded from the Cisco Software Center