PDF(65.7 KB) View with Adobe Reader on a variety of devices
Updated:May 05, 2005
Cisco Unified IP phones---an integral component of the Cisco Unified IP Communications system---provide superior levels of integrated business features and converged communications---levels far beyond today's conventional voice systems. As the market leader in true IP telephony, Cisco continues to deliver unsurpassed end-to-end data and voice-over-IP (VoIP) solutions, offering the most complete, stylish, and fully featured IP phone portfolio in the industry.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G provides core business features and addresses the communication needs of a cubicle worker who conducts low to medium telephone traffic. The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G offers four dynamic soft keys that guide a user through call features and functions. The graphic capability of the display provides a rich user experience by providing calling information and intuitive access to features. In addition, XML applications deliver impressive applications and network data to the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G display.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G supports an integrated Ethernet switch, providing LAN connectivity to a colocated PC. In addition, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G supports inline power, which allows the phone to receive power over the LAN. This capability gives the network administrator centralized power control, translating into greater network availability. The combination of inline power and Ethernet switch support reduces cabling needs to a single wire to the desktop.
Figure 1. Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G
CISCO UNIFIED IP PHONE 7912G FEATURES
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G is designed to be easy to use with conveniently placed features.
• Four soft keys dynamically present calling options to the user. The scroll toggle bar allows easy movement through the displayed information.
• "Menu" key---This key allows users to quickly access information such as call logs and phone settings.
– The user can retrieve voice-mail messages.
– The user can display missed calls, outgoing calls that have been placed, and incoming calls that have been received.
– The user can set various preferences such as ring types and display contrast.
• "Hold" key---This lighted key provides users a red visual indication that they have placed a call on hold.
• A volume-control toggle provides easy decibel-level adjustments of the handset and ringer.
• The handset is hearing-aid compatible (meets American Disabilities Act [ADA] requirements).
• A single-position foot stand provides optimum display viewing and comfortable use of buttons and keys. The foot stand can be removed to allow wall mounting via mounting holes located on the base of the phone.
• XML Applications can be delivered to the display.
The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G is designed to grow with system capabilities. Features will keep pace with new changes via software updates to the phone Flash memory. Examples of currently available features include:
• Support of a single line or directory number
• Calling name and number display
• Call waiting
• Call forward
• Call transfer
• Support of Extension Mobility
• Three-way calling (conference)
• On-hook dialing, predialing, and off-hook dialing
• Call hold
• Call monitor (speaker only, no microphone)
• "Messages" soft key that allows access to voicemail messages
• Four speed dials configurable at the Cisco Unified CallManager
• Cisco Discovery Protocol
• Automatic IEEE 802.1Q (voice virtual LAN [VVLAN]) configuration
• IEEE 802.1Q /p VLAN tagging and traffic prioritization
• 802.1Q VLAN-based switching of traffic between the phone and access switch
• Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) tagging
• G.711a, G.711u, and G.729ab audiocompression coders-decoders (codecs)
• Integrated Ethernet switch
• 10/100BASE-T Ethernet connection through an RJ-45 interface for LAN connectivity
• Software upgrade supported using a Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server
• Provisioning of network parameters through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Compatible with Cisco Unified CallManager Version 3.3(2) and later, using the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) protocol
• SIP (RFC 2543)
• Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.5 x 7 x 6 in. (20.3 x 17.67 x 15.2 cm)
• Weight: 1.9 lb (0.9 kg)
• Inline power
• Power can also be supplied locally using an optional AC to 48-VDC power adapter (CP-PWR-CUBE-3=), which requires one of the following country-specific cords.
AC Country Power Cords
• CP-PWR-CORD-AP= (Asia Pacific)
• CP-PWR-CORD-AR= (Argentina)
• CP-PWR-CORD-AU= (Australia)
• CP-PWR-CORD-CE= (Central Europe)
• CP-PWR-CORD-JP= (Japan)
• CP-PWR-CORD-NA= (North America)
• CP-PWR-CORD-SW= (Switzerland)
• CP-PWR-CORD-UK= (United Kingdom)
• Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
• Relative humidity: 10 to 95% (noncondensing)
• Storage temperature: 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
• CE Marking
• UL 60950
• CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
• EN 60950
• IEC 60950
• AS/NZS 3260
• TS 001
• FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class B
• ICES-003 Class B
• EN55022 Class B
• CISPR22 Class B
• AS/NZS 3548 Class B
• VCCI Class B
• EN 61000-3-2
• EN 61000-3-3
• EN 61000-6-1
• FCC Part 68 (CFR 47) (HAC)
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
Cisco Unified IP Communications services and support reduce the cost, time, and complexity associated with implementing a converged network. Cisco and its partners have designed and deployed some of today's largest and most complex IP communications networks---meaning that they understand how to integrate an IP communications solution into your network. Cisco design tools and best practices ensure that the solution best fits your business needs from the start, eliminating costly redesigns and downtime. Cisco proven methods ensure a sound implementation that will deliver the functions and features you expect---on time. Support services include remote network operations, network management tools to administer the converged application and network infrastructure, and technical support services.
Through these services, your organization benefits from the experience gained by Cisco and its partners. Taking advantage of this valuable experience, you can create and maintain a resilient, converged network that will meet your business needs today---and in the future.
Table 1 lists part numbers for the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G and Cisco Unified CallManager.
Table 1. Part Numbers
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912 with hardware update
Station user license for Cisco Unified CallManager
Station user license for SIP
Cisco offers a standard one-year warranty. A Cisco SMARTnet
® optional service agreement is available.
Accessories Ordering Information
An optional locking wall mount kit is available:
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about Cisco products, call or visit:
• United States and Canada: (toll free) 800 553-NETS (6387)