Figure 1. Personal Telepresence for the Office with the Cisco TelePresence System 500 Series
The Cisco TelePresence
® System 500 Series brings virtual, in-person experience directly to the private office. Executives or team leaders can instantly connect with colleagues, partners, and customers over telepresence at equal stature - appearing life-size on Cisco TelePresence System 3000, Cisco TelePresence TX9000, and other immersive endpoints. With vivid 1080p30 video, premium audio quality, and the convenience of features such as one-button-to-push calling, the Cisco TelePresence 500 Series delivers all the hallmarks of a true immersive Cisco TelePresence experience.
The latest generation of the Cisco TelePresence System 500 features a streamlined footprint with a 32-inch display, and is based on the same technology platform as the Cisco TelePresence TX9000 and TX1300 Series.
The Cisco TelePresence System 500 Series is ideal for joining large, multilocation group meetings or hosting intimate, remote one-on-one discussions from the personal office. Weekly meetings, status updates, or discussions with a customer are a quick push of a button away, whether as a scheduled session or at a moment's notice. Turning the display on its swivel mount (pedestal configuration only) allows the Cisco TelePresence 500 Series to easily accommodate two people in the office meeting.
The Cisco TelePresence 500 Series is part of the broad portfolio of Cisco TelePresence systems offering immersive, multipurpose, and personal endpoints to meet the needs of organizations of all sizes. Cisco TelePresence solutions power the new way of working where everyone, everywhere can be more productive through face-to-face collaboration.
Features and Benefits
• Resolutions of 1080p and 720p on a premium 32-inch screen help ensure telepresence is clear and natural.
• The specially designed, high-quality camera provides high-definition (HD) images, with excellent eye contact; the camera auto-retracts when not in a call, leaving the full screen available for multipurpose use.
• Full-duplex, CD-quality audio provides a rich audio experience with no perceivable latency and no interference from mobile devices or cell phones.
• An advanced two-dimensional microphone array allows for additional audio clarity; you can also add a privacy headset.
• You can use the system when not in a telepresence call as a secondary PC monitor or for video output for digital signage.
• The system offers the ability to share content up to 30 frames per second.
• Integrated lighting eliminates facial shadows and provides natural-looking video.
• Flexible deployment options include a choice of pedestal, tabletop, or custom mounted scenarios.
• The pedestal configuration can swivel the display +/-15 degrees and is height-adjustable from 52 to 63 inches.
• Simple one-button-to-push calling integrates with common calendaring programs.
• The presentation-in-picture feature enables easy content sharing; a connector is available for adding a dedicated auxiliary display.
• Integration with the network helps ensure reliability with high availability, security, and quality of service (QoS) for an optimal experience; highly secure communications are enabled through encryption of both video and call signaling.
• The system supports any-to-any interoperability with standard- and high-definition videoconferencing endpoints, and collaboration with desktop video applications, such as Cisco WebEx® meeting applications and the Cisco® Digital Media System.
• The system includes a Cisco TelePresence Touch 12-inch control device, providing an intuitive user interface for scheduled calls and access to contacts and directories.
Tables 1 to 3 list specifications for the Cisco TelePresence 500 Series.
Table 1. Product Specifications
• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 7.1.5 or later
• Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Switch 1.6 or later
• Cisco TelePresence Manager 1.7 or later
Cisco TelePresence System Software Version 188.8.131.52 or later
Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G or Cisco Touch 12 (requires Cisco TelePresence Systems Software Version 1.8 or later)
Cisco TelePresence HDC High-Definition Camera
• CMOS 1/3-in. sensor
• CS-mount lens
• Resolution: 1080p 30
• Minimum illumination 300 lux
• Manual focus and zoom
Physical dimensions (H x W x D)
• Minimum room dimensions: 8 x 6 x 8 ft (2.4 x 1.8 x 2.4m)
• Freestanding pedestal:
• Height: 52.0 to 62.9 in. (1.32 to 1.60m)
• Display width: 37.2 in. (0.95m)
• Base width: 28.1 in. (0.72m)
• Base depth: 29.2 in. (0.74m)
• Table-top stand:
• Height: 27+/-2 in. (adjustable) (0.69m/-0.05m)
• Display width: 37.2 in. (0.95m)
• Base width: 24 in. (0.61m)
• Base depth: 13 in. (0.33m)
Freestanding pedestal: 113 lb (51.3 kg)
Table-top stand: 77 lb (35 kg)
• 192W (1.6A @ 120V to 0.8A @ 240V)
• One power plug required
• Operating: 41 to 95ºF (5 to 35ºC)
• Relative humidity: 20 to 80% (noncondensing)
• Nonoperating: -4 to 140ºF (-20 to 60ºC)
• Heat dissipation: 0.192 kW, 655 BTU/hr
Note:Typical accounts for a diversity of power consumption at 75 percent of maximum.
Downloadable from Cisco Unified Communications Manager
• UL/CSA 60950-1
• IEC/EN 60950-1
• AS/NZS 60950-1
• 47CFR (Part 15) FCC Class B
• CISPR 22/EN55022 Class B
• CISPR 24/EN55024
Table 2. Video and Audio Specifications
3 to 4 Mbps (1080p, 30 fps) or 1 to 3 Mbps (720p, 30 fps) for IP QoS connections is recommended.
Native National Television Standards Committee (NTSC)
720p and 1080p
Live video resolution
1920 x 1080 Native
Using Common Intermediate Format (CIF) and G.711 with Cisco Unified Videoconferencing 3500 Series platforms
G.711 and AAC-LD (22 kHz)
Cisco Dynamic Echo Cancellation
Table 3. Network, Security, and Management Specifications
• Cisco Discovery Protocol
• Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
• Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol
• IEEE 802.1p/q
• Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
Video network features
Intelligent packet loss recovery of video transmission
• One LAN or Ethernet (RJ-45); 100 Mbps
• Internal 4-port Ethernet switch, and high-definition video connector
Web-based user interface; IP address assignment can be statically configured or configured through the Cisco TelePresence administrator web interface
Scheduling and one-button-to-push feature
As with all Cisco TelePresence products, the TX9000 supports simple scheduling through Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino calendar services, enabling Cisco's unique one-button-to-push meeting start feature.
• Cisco TelePresence System Software TC5.1 or later
• Support for a wide range of resolutions to third-party standards-based video endpoints
Ordering Options for the Cisco TelePresence System 500
Select the appropriate power cord option to plug into the wall outlets in the country where the Cisco TelePresence system will be deployed.
Control Device Options
Cisco Touch 12 control device (touch panel). CTS software 1.8 or later is required.
Cisco UC Phone CP-7975G, Global
This mounting option provides a free-standing floor mount with height adjustment (range) and swivel (range).
This mounting option is for the display sitting on a table or shelf.
This mounting option is for custom applications such as wall mounting. Additional hardware and custom installation is required.
Service and Support
Cisco and our partners provide a broad portfolio of intelligent, personalized services and support that can help you realize the full value of your Cisco TelePresence investment by increasing business agility and network availability. This portfolio of services accelerates business innovation through a network-based collaboration platform that enables businesses to collaborate anywhere, anytime. For more information about these services, visit:
For More Information
For more information about the Cisco TelePresence System 500 Series, please visit:
http://www.cisco.com/go/telepresence or contact your local Cisco account representative or authorized Cisco partner.