Cisco® Network Registrar Jumpstart is a purpose-built, high performing hardware appliance for Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and IP address management (IPAM) (DDI) services. The solution combines the speed, scalability, and reliability of Cisco Network Registrar world-class DHCP and DNS servers with the ease-of-deployment of an appliance format and the high performance of Cisco server hardware.
Any company using technology to support its business operations is experiencing significant growth in networked devices. Billions of new devices such as mobile phones, portable multimedia devices, sensors, and controllers will demand Internet connectivity over the next five years. At the same time, IPv4 network addresses are running out and network operators need to start making the transition to IPv6.
Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart is designed to address these challenges by helping network operators effectively manage IP address growth and automate the adoption of IPv6. The solution offers full lifecycle management for IPv4 and IPv6 for enterprises and service providers that administer DNS and DHCP services and need a high-performing, scalable, reliable platform to service their subscribers.
Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart provides a streamlined, straightforward installation that lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) and promotes rapid time to value for the DDI solution.
Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart includes the following:
● Cisco Network Registrar: an integrated, scalable, reliable solution for DDI across multiple technologies, simplifying management of IP addresses and the transition to IPv6. Cisco Network Registrar comes preinstalled on the appliance.
● Cisco Unified Computing System™(Cisco UCS™) C200 M2: high-density, two-socket, one rack-unit (RU) rack-mount server built for production-level network infrastructure, web services, and mainstream data center, branch, and remote-office applications.
● VMware ESXi v4.1: VMware virtualization technology preinstalled on the server.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart makes DDI easier - saving time, money, and IT resources by simplifying installation and reducing startup costs.
● Fast and easy to implement: The preconfigured server and the preinstalled software allow for a fast and easy deployment as well as low startup costs. DDI services can be immediately turned on, configured, and integrated into the network service for fast time to value. All from one vendor, on one box - and the entire solution is supported by Cisco.
● Hardware superior scale and performance: The Cisco UCS C200 M2 server is designed to meet the needs of customers that choose to deploy rack-mount servers and provides a high performance solution. The Cisco UCS series employs Cisco technology to help customers handle the most challenging workloads and includes powerful Intel processor technology. The one RU rack-mount server is designed to balance simplicity, performance, and density and to help ensure adequate scalability for today and tomorrow.
● Hardware compact size: The appliance runs on compact hardware - saving equipment rack space and reducing power and cooling costs and helping enable organizations to lower their TCO and build an environmentally friendly infrastructure.
● Grows with the business: The appliance will ship with 1000 permanent IP node licenses. Customers will be able to buy additional licenses to support up to 500,000 IP nodes with this single Cisco UCS server.
● Secure: A safe, secure solution, Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart is not exposed to the types of attacks commonly directed at BIND-based DNS offerings.
See Table 1 for ordering information. To place an order, visit the Cisco Ordering Homepage.
Table 1. Ordering Information
Cisco UCS C200 M2 Server with Cisco Network Registrar Software and VMware
Service and Support
Using the Cisco lifecycle services approach, Cisco and its partners provide a broad portfolio of end-to-end services and support that can help increase your network’s business value and return on investment. This approach defines the minimum set of activities needed, by technology and by network complexity, to help you successfully deploy and operate Cisco technologies and optimize their performance throughout the lifecycle of your network.
For More Information
For more information about Cisco Network Registrar Jumpstart, visit http://cisco.com/go/jumpstart-nr, contact your local account representative, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.