Ensure Consistent User Experience
Cisco Performance Agent is a licensed feature of Cisco IOS Software. It offers comprehensive application performance and network usage data to help network administrators accurately assess user experience and optimize the use of network resources.
The feature is introduced with IOS version 15.1(4)T base image and can be enabled with a simple software activation. Once enabled, it can be configured to export application performance analytics, traffic statistics, and WAN Optimization metrics in a NetFlow V9 template format. This makes it easier for management applications to consume.
The Cisco Performance Agent:
- Uses Network Based Application Recognition (NBAR) Deep Packet Inspection for more accurate application representation
- Supports tailoring and summarization to reduce impact on WAN resources
- Provides application performance analytics for easy consumption by Cisco and partner management applications
- When WAAS Express is enabled, helps maximize the value of WAN optimization in the branch
- Inherits WAAS Express classification policy to minimize configuration
Cisco Performance Agent is supported on Cisco routing and switching platforms such as ISR 800 Series, and Cisco Integrated Services Routers Generation 2 (ISR G2). Cisco Network Analysis Module, running software version 5.1 or later, can use it to offer a cost-effective solution for end-to-end visibility into the network.